Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 7, 2005, 2:19 AM   #21

Pixma ipX000 with cover open... really really not to scale
Attached Images

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 12:24 AM   #22

I just brought a 780, and i'm having a problem with the 1st step. My unit will not reset using the power button. I've selected Cygnus 2 and Standard (also tried UK) but when I hit the power button.. Nothing happens, no reboot.. It just beeps. I tried moving on to the next step, but the menus seem slightly different. i.e Service mode Printer is 7 vs 3 as per faq, and the only CDR options is CDR Adjustment vs cd-r Calibration as per faq.

I have a 1.18 rom if that helps.. Can any 780 owners offer any ideas pls..

markanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 3:01 AM   #23

markanth wrote:
Quote:
I just brought a 780, and i'm having a problem with the 1st step. My unit will not reset using the power button. I've selected Cygnus 2 and Standard (also tried UK) but when I hit the power button.. Nothing happens, no reboot.. It just beeps. I tried moving on to the next step, but the menus seem slightly different. i.e Service mode Printer is 7 vs 3 as per faq, and the only CDR options is CDR Adjustment vs cd-r Calibration as per faq.

You're looking for [test mode]->"#3: printer" -> "[6]CD-R calibration"
I just checked on my mp760. Yes there is a "#7 printer" under the root menu, but hitting "minus" from "sssw" should take you to "TEST MODE" which isn't numbered.

Been thinking about making a tree with these options on it.

Attached Images

Old Aug 8, 2005, 3:05 AM   #24

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
markanth wrote:
Quote:

You're looking for [test mode]->"#3: printer" -> "[6]CD-R calibration"
I just checked on my mp760. Yes there is a "#3 printer" under the root menu, but hitting "minus" from "sssw" should take you to "TEST MODE" which isn't numbered.

Been thinking about making a tree with these options on it.

Isn't it suppose to be type number #5 ????????????
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 3:11 AM   #25

KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
Isn't it suppose to be type number #5 ????????????
I caught it after I posted it. The manual is buggered... I haven't had time to re-write it totally.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 3:11 AM   #26

Noticed your website has an update
{{{ The MP760 doesn't seem to have the CYGNUS selection. }}}

This is correct, the mP760 has no CYGNUS selection, which is rather why I neglected it in the first place.. didn't notice it as the manual is after all in deutsch. This is reserved for the mp750 which is much like the mp780 except has no fax modem, and IIRC no front ports but is essentally the same printer.

I'd be lying if I said I knew for a fact why... I would imagine if you were to install a NCU and Modem in your mp750, you'd basicly have the mp780... I could be wrong and this may also refer to the extra buttons or the front panel card slots.

Oddly enough the mp760 has all the configeration options that the mp750/mp780 do, including configeration of your faxtel equipment which is pointless as there is no faxtel onboard.

mP760 users can stick this step... not an option and not displayed as such.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 7:25 PM   #27

What a magnificent thread (and the stuff on Steve's site is ratherwonderful, too).

Congratulations!

I've stumbled on this info too late to help me personally butI'll being putting up links on the forums of DVdoctor.net and HEXUS.net - in the threads I started some while back about being falsely sold by ebuyer UK a US-spec Pixma MP780 when what was being advertised was UK spec.

What I'd one before finding this information wasbuy a UK-spec Pixma MP780 to replace the US-spec model, andreturn the US-spec model

Bob Crabtree - www.dvdoctor.net

(oh, and the place where I got the link to Steve's site, was in the review section about the Pixma MP780 onebuyer!)
BobCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 7:37 PM   #28

BobCrabtree wrote:
Quote:
I've stumbled on this info too late to help me personally butI'll being putting up links on the forums of DVdoctor.net and HEXUS.net - in the threads I started some while back about being falsely sold by ebuyer UK a US-spec Pixma MP780 when what was being advertised was UK spec.
I've heard about the MP series being sold in Europe that refused to print on CDs. I don't know if you mean US spec without the tray and software or just refused to print onto CDs. The resolution is simple, so simple that even if you had to send your printer to a service center service only took moments. It's just a few button presses and passing of paper through the printer, not a big deal at all.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 2:50 PM   #29

Oh, no these definitely were US-spec models.

But, had I known a few weeks ago what I know now, I'd have saved myself a lot of hassle and a good bit of money, too. Canon UK, didn't come up with any suggestions, other than to get my money back and buy a UK-spec model.

But, that's water under the bridge, now.

Bob C
BobCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 2:59 PM   #30

BobCrabtree wrote:
Quote:
Oh, no these definitely were US-spec models.

Bob C
I do not understand what US-spec means. To me US-spec would mean
1. US power cord
2. No cd-label print
3. No CD tray, inner door one blocked with plastic

Is this what you are talking about... you bought printers that you couldn't plug into the wall?