Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 2, 2005, 7:14 AM   #1

I've created landscapes that i'm hoping to print out on banner roll photo paper on the Pixma iP3000.

I've made a custom paper size using "Page Setup..." in Photoshop and have glued two A4 sheets lengthwise to give a 21cm x 50cm sheet as the test paper. Unfortunately (on a Mac running OS X 10.4.2), the print job starts and starts printing on this extended length of paper (as defined as a custom page size) but then stops printing once it reaches the end of the first length of A4.

Weirdly it hasn't printed the landscape from the edge of the image but has centered it in the first A4 page. Height of the landscape is there, but not length.

Any hacks to extend the versatility of this printer; it sounds like i'm treading on the firmware of the printer which locks out longer than A4 (or letter) size page lengths ??

Thanks !!
landcruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2005, 4:00 PM   #2

landcruising wrote:
Quote:
Any hacks to extend the versatility of this printer; it sounds like i'm treading on the firmware of the printer which locks out longer than A4 (or letter) size page lengths ??
Canon printers have a page length limit around 23 inches. Have you checked the software from Apple, are they getting side tracked by iPods?
Paul_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 7:31 PM   #3

Makes sense in regards to paper length - my custom size was 59cm in length which is greater than 23" i.e. 58.4.

I'll try this tonight to see if this is the case.

Cheers !!
landcruising is offline   Reply With Quote