Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 8, 2005, 7:40 AM   #51

Sorry to interupt your hacking conversation but I have a question??? I just bought the Japanese version of the ip4200 (I live in Japan) But all the software is in Japanese. Does anyone know where I can get all this software in English?? Thanks.
phatride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2005, 8:16 AM   #52

phatride wrote:
Quote:
Sorry to interupt your hacking conversation but I have a question??? I just bought the Japanese version of the ip4200 (I live in Japan) But all the software is in Japanese. Does anyone know where I can get all this software in English?? Thanks.

What apps do you need from it ?

KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2005, 9:07 AM   #53

I need CD DIRECT PRINT in English. I need CANON SETUP UTILITY in English. That should be about it.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 9:29 AM   #54

and any other programs you think could be helpful.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 9:48 AM   #55

phatride wrote:
Quote:
I need CD DIRECT PRINT in English. I need CANON SETUP UTILITY in English. That should be about it.

Some files are already here: http://knightcrawler.filefront.com/

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...;modelid=11641

The driver and cd label print are about the only needed and decent software on the cd.

KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2005, 10:49 AM   #56

It is giving me a message when I try to run the cd printer program...........It says,

A compatible printer for printing CD-R media was not found. Any ideas on this one?
Old Oct 8, 2005, 12:55 PM   #57

check to see that the registry key is set:

SETTING THE REGISTRY KEY

When CnmFSI_CDRSWITCH = 1 there will be the extra options to print onto Printable disc (recommended) and "Printable disc

(others)". Users who have already installed this printer while the destination was set to No CDr will have to run regedit

<start>[run]"regedit"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ControlPrintP rintersCanon PIXMA iPxxxxPrinterDriverData

CnmFSI_CDRSWITCH=1

---You could also try uninstalling your printer, and use the usa driver (download it).
eric93se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:47 PM   #58

I got the "B" version CD tray and it fits just fine. However, I have had no luck printing to CDs using the #4 EUR setting. Infact, I have not been able to print to CD on any setting. The software says I can, but when I go to stick the tray in after the software asks me to, the printer just spits it back out. and the power LED blinks non stop until I reboot the printer. Any ideas?
shawn0900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 1:24 PM   #59

One more thing...

I just noticed that from within CD-LabelPrint, underCanon ip4200 Printer Properties, the page size is set to "CD-R tray C 131.0 x 238.7mm". The fact that this has a "C" in the name makes me wonder if the "C" tray is different. This might explain why I can't get it to print on the "B" tray. Ideas?

Shawn
shawn0900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 2:53 PM   #60

Quote:
One more thing...

I just noticed that from within CD-LabelPrint, under¬*Canon ip4200 Printer Properties, the page size is set to "CD-R tray C 131.0 x 238.7mm".¬* The fact that this has a "C" in the name makes me wonder if the "C" tray is different.¬* This might explain why I can't get it to print on the "B" tray.¬* Ideas?

Shawn
Mine also says 'c' in the tray type, but I'm using a modified epson R200 cd tray using the 'b' template for the ip4000 :?

Maybe try and uninstall everything, turn off the printer and reinstall the driver. I didn't have to set the reg key on mine b/c I changed the region setting on the printer prior to installing the driver.
eric93se is offline   Reply With Quote