Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 16, 2005, 3:45 PM   #71

phillyman wrote:
Quote:
Hey can someone whos printed alot of dvds on the IP4200 tell me how many Dvds you have printed and how much ink you have used. Im thinking of getting the 4200 but am a little worried since there are no replacement carts.,(that are close to the color and cheap).
Well, I just got done converting about26 titles in my collection over to printed disks. I printed about 30 DVD's, four CD's and about 26 DVD jackets. I printed all of these at the highest quality (1 pic droplets) and I'm still not out of ink. I'm curious to see how much further it will go before I emptya tank. :-)

EDIT:

I just pulled my tanks and looked at them.Cyanhas about3/4remaining,Magenta has about 1/2 remaining andYellow has about 7/8 remaining. Unfortunatley, I can't tell with the photo black. Of course, thepigment (text) black is still full.

Ra Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 4:46 PM   #72

Thanks RAdid your dvds and jackets have full coverage?
phillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 7:21 PM   #73

phillyman wrote:
Quote:
Thanks RAdid your dvds and jackets have full coverage?
Oh yeah, and they look great! I'm just using MS Photo Editor for both jackets and skins. One key is that I'm using "Auto Balance" and it usuallyraises the contrast while lowering the brightness, this helps a bunch with the finished product. There were only a couple of times where I had to manually adjust further. In those cases, I simply pulled the contrast up while cutting the brightness. I'm using the Canon CD Print software for the skins. I'm using a template of 118x22 as advised in here and I get perfect hubless coverage.Hope this helps. :-)
Ra Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 3:35 AM   #74

I've ordered an ip4200 since they were out of ip5000. I'm from hungary (eu), and I don't want to print on dvds/cds, i'm only concerned about the inktank refilling or preferably aftermarket cartriges. As I seen, there aren't many contacts on the cover of the chip so anyone tried to measure resistances, and put resistors in the printhead and watch if the printer driver recognize them as cartriges (that level when the original was measured).
stema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:21 AM   #75

the print out seems to be slightly to the left, can't it be aligned?
kawaiiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 3:12 AM   #76

are you using the home-made tray? I have a little problem with it. It never seem to center correctly. It's either too much to the left or to the right.
easy123 is offline   Reply With Quote