Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 11, 2005, 8:43 AM   #1

I have searched and didn't see anything like this, so please forgive me if I missed it.

I have a new ip4000. It replaced my I950. When printing with the 4000 everything has too much red and is a little too dark. Flesh tones are too pink. The i950 was perfect. I tried to change the color profiles, saw one person decreased the intensity by like 15%, but when I did that I still did not notice a difference.

I am about the throw away this stupid thing. I called Canon and of course after saying he didn't think there was anything wrong with the print head, and he couldn't figure anything out, now he is going to send me a newprint head I doubt this is the problem, but who knows.

Any suggestions please?? I am printing from Easy print - I know some people hate that, but it was working just fine with I950.

Thanks!

Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2005, 1:00 PM   #2

Sheila

I have a few questions for you, so I we can try and help you with your problem.

What paper were you using?

What are the color settings of the printer?

Is ICM clicked?

Did you have profiles for your I950?

Did you do a printhead clean?

Have you ran a Nozzle Check?

How was your printhead alignment? Did you let the machine do this?

What inks are you using (OEM or third party)?

Was the printer NEW or a REFIRB?? Some places my be selling the refirbs as this printer has been out for some time.

Why I ask these questions is so that I can understand how your system is working. Some papers my cause the red. You also might have a clogged printhead. It is possible to get this from the factory. Also, some of the nonOEM inks can cause this shift.

Hope to help some more.

Bill

Speedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 8:58 PM   #3

Thanks Bill!

First, I am using the Canon ink, just opened the printer about 2 weeks ago and haven't had time to mess with it. I am using Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy and yes I have it in the correct way.

I am using the Canon Easy Photo Print, so from what I read on another page here, no matter what you set your printer settings too, it doesn't use them?? I did try decreasing the intensity and making sure ICM was turned off, but nothing changed - which makes me definitely believe that it doesn't go by the setting changes.

The printer is brand new, not refurb. We did the color check and it looked ok, I have not done a nozzle clean. Someone else recommended taking my magenta cart from my I950 and place it in the 4000 just to see if it is an ink cart issue. But when printing from my 950, I am using same paper, same program and they come out just fine...

I will try the clean now just to see. I was *thinking* since it was brand new I wouldn't need to do that, but you never know.

Thanks again for taking your time to reply! I will post my results after doing the cleaning.

Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 9:18 PM   #4

Have you done a print head alignment? This can also cause a color shift.
grandad35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 4:39 AM   #5

Sheila

Sorry for taking some time to get back to you, was looking at some things that might help.

I also have the 4000, use it as my general use printer. I have seen some weird color shifts with the Photo Paper Plus with my machine. I am using Canon ink also. I get accurate colors using the Photo Paper Pro and Pictorico Photo Gallery papers. I would recomend you getting the Photo Paper Pro to use as your base line for paper testing on the Canon printers and then see what paper you like from their with print quaility.

For the Canon Easy Photo Print, on Tab 2 (Paper Selection) did you select the Photo Paper Plus Glossy option on the right? If the wrong paper selction is not highlighted, this can cause a color shift. When you select the paper to be used, the program selects the settings for the printer, so it might not use the best print quality. I perfer to use QImage for printing, as it gives me more control of the printer driver and better image quality.

Also, did you do a print head alignment? I know that the machine can do an auto one, and found out that mine did not do it that good. I had to do a manual alignment and now it is great.

New machines might need to have a cleaning done on them, to help perge the system of an residual materials from the manufacturing/factory testings.

Also, you might want to make sure that the printhead and cartridges are seated correctly. I expect that it is, I just always double check things like this.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Speedie is offline   Reply With Quote