Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 2, 2005, 11:39 AM   #21

Hi,

Thanks so much for all this useful information! I'm having a bit of a problem performing the alignment step. I have a newish (2 months old) MP780 that has firmware 1.19 on it.
I have switched it to CYGNUS-2, Standard. Then, when I go to the TEST MODE menu and select [3] CDR TEST PATTERN, it doesn't suck any paper from the rear tray (although it's there), and the orange alarm light just blinks forever. Occasionally I hear motor noises like it's trying to pull in the CD tray (even though the door is closed). The other test patterns and EEPROM printouts work, and suck from the back tray.

Could it be that since I'm 1.19 firmware they have stopped this hack? Any other 1.19 MP780 users out there?

I would be happy to post any pics of the process that are still needed for MP780s, just let me know.
zomart9th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 2:35 PM   #22

zomart9th wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks so much for all this useful information! I'm having a bit of a problem performing the alignment step. I have a newish (2 months old) MP780 that has firmware 1.19 on it.
I have switched it to CYGNUS-2, Standard. Then, when I go to the TEST MODE menu and select [3] CDR TEST PATTERN, it doesn't oops any paper from the rear tray (although it's there), and the orange alarm light just blinks forever. Occasionally I hear motor noises like it's trying to pull in the CD tray (even though the door is closed). The other test patterns and EEPROM printouts work, and oops from the back tray.

Could it be that since I'm 1.19 firmware they have stopped this hack? Any other 1.19 MP780 users out there?

I would be happy to post any pics of the process that are still needed for MP780s, just let me know.
"[6] CDR CALIBRATION" sucks a sheat from the rear feader
"[3] CDR TEST PATTERN" sucks in the tray

Always do #6 before #3. Note this site might take offence to some words and replace them with oops. At first I thought I was making some bad typos but it seems the site has an oops sensor that's being triggered.

Other than that make sure you reset the printer "hit power" between setting the type and calibrating the CD-R.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote