Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 16, 2005, 5:44 PM   #11

dvk916 wrote:
Quote:
Then those sites would be wrong.
Well... you have to stop and ask why they are wrong, when people like my self remember hitting the canon usa site and copy and pasting exactly what they had listed to make sure there is no error.

At this point I don't know who's wrong... but I remember thinking how nice it was for canon to release a printer with the same number nozzles for each color.

I think it's more likely that canon released the wrong specs... hince why you can easily find references to "Number of Nozzles Nozzle Text: Black: 320, Color: 256 x 4 colors (C, M, Y, Bk)" Lucky for me that page was still in my cache... so if they are wrong canon *was* wrong. Or canon is now wrong.

At this point I don't know.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 4:17 AM   #12

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
dvk916 wrote:
Quote:
Then those sites would be wrong.
Well... you have to stop and ask why they are wrong, when people like my self remember hitting the canon usa site and copy and pasting exactly what they had listed to make sure there is no error.

At this point I don't know who's wrong... but I remember thinking how nice it was for canon to release a printer with the same number nozzles for each color.

I think it's more likely that canon released the wrong specs... hince why you can easily find references to "Number of Nozzles Nozzle Text: Black: 320, Color: 256 x 4 colors (C, M, Y, Bk)" Lucky for me that page was still in my cache... so if they are wrong canon *was* wrong. Or canon is now wrong.

At this point I don't know.

I am 100% sure the 1856 nozzles is the correct one given the fat that the 1344 can only be found on document before the printer was release, and in the user manual it clearly indicates that the printer uses 1856 nozzles. I am sure Canon made a mistake when it gave the specs out before the printer was release.
dvk916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 6:37 PM   #13

dvk916 wrote:
Quote:

I am 100% sure the 1856 nozzles is the correct one given the fat that the 1344 can only be found on document before the printer was release, and in the user manual it clearly indicates that the printer uses 1856 nozzles. I am sure Canon made a mistake when it gave the specs out before the printer was release.
Well thanks for the heads up. I know I quoted a different nozzle count in another post now I know why, the canon marketing department are a bunch of foofoo heads. Now I remember when I quoted those specs I couldn't reach the Canon USA site so I picked apparently the canadian site.

You're likely very correct as it would make sense that the ip4200 would use the same had as the ip5000, and the ip5200 get an upgraded head.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote