Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 26, 2005, 7:56 PM   #1

Hi, Just bought a ip8500...printed my first photo...not quite as crisp as I'd have liked it...second photo, also not quite crisp and colors were a bit washed out, a bit pink. manually aligned the print head as suggested...still not the sharp, vivid pix I was expecting from this machine.
Any suggestions for a newbie?
:?
brissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2005, 12:25 AM   #2

I do agree that the pics printed with the current Pixma printers tend to result in pics that aren't as crisp as they could be. Yes, the prints tend to be a little "soft". When I first noticed this, I thought that maybe my camera was simply out of focus a little when it took the picture but it wasn't the case as the pic looked sharp on my monitor. I believe I have posted this observation before. I think HP printers print slightly sharper pics than Canon but I hate the fact that the HP prints are not waterproof.

As for the pink, try printing in 1 picoliter. I've notice that if I print in 2 pl, there would be some subtle redness/pink in some indoor pics but printing in 1 picoliter mode seems to provide some improvement.
kdt82002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2005, 8:44 AM   #3

How do I change picoliters?
Old Aug 27, 2005, 10:58 AM   #4

Assuming you are using Canon Paper Pro or Canon Plus Glossy paper, go to the ip8500 properties box and make sure the Media Type is set on Canon Paper Pro then click Custom under Print Quality, click on the Set button and move the Quality slider all the way to right until 1 is selected. Click OK. Just make you don't use Canon Easy photo print to print the pictures because the program may not use the custom settings you make. You may also want to try setting the Color Adjustment, located right below the Print Quality settings, to manual and then choosing Light under Brightness.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 11:01 AM   #5

thanks!!
Old Aug 27, 2005, 12:51 PM   #6

Any difference in the prints?
Old Aug 27, 2005, 5:36 PM   #7

Yes, it did help...small details printed nicely, whereas before they were washed out.

Funny enough, whereas before it had a pink tint on parts, I printed a photo of a river turned orange with the setting sun, and the orange/red water didn't come out as dark...I'm going to continue playing with it, but I'm pretty happy with results now.
thank you!