Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 27, 2005, 3:33 PM   #1

For mp780 owners who have done the hack do you get A4 or letter. There is probably a simply fix but I do not own a mp780 so I don't have the menu in front of me.

The ip4000 let's you choose either A4 or letter in the destination setup so it must have a choice in the mp7xx series as well.

KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2005, 3:44 PM   #2

KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
For mp780 owners who have done the hack do you get A4 or letter. There is probably a simply fix but I do not own a mp780 so I don't have the menu in front of me.

The ip4000 let's you choose either A4 or letter in the destination setup so it must have a choice in the mp7xx series as well.

Near as I can tell... the mp7xxx does not have seperate settings letter paper cd printing. The options are limited to country... not paper sizes and feature like the ipX000 is.

You can set your paper type in the settings menu under paper size. This is a user setting under the setting button. Once the user sets the paper type it stays there until such time as they switch to something like 4x6 for example.

This is a mild annoyance, but easily resolved.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2005, 6:09 PM   #3

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:

Near as I can tell... the mp7xxx does not have seperate settings letter paper cd printing. The options are limited to country... not paper sizes and feature like the ipX000 is.

You can set your paper type in the settings menu under paper size. This is a user setting under the setting button. Once the user sets the paper type it stays there until such time as they switch to something like 4x6 for example.

This is a mild annoyance, but easily resolved.

It seems to default to A4 for copy functions, is their a setting on the printer itself in the MP780 LCD settings for paper size or are you talking about setting paper size on the computer before printing ?

To use the copy feature in the USA requires Letter size and not A4 since the Canon driver has no effect on that feature.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 6:39 PM   #4

KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
It seems to default to A4 for copy functions, is their a setting on the printer itself in the MP780 LCD settings for paper size or are you talking about setting paper size on the computer before printing ?

To use the copy feature in the USA requires Letter size and not A4 since the Canon driver has no effect on that feature.
Printer settings
"settings" button from "a4" you can select paper size left to right, one option is letter. It's the first option you hit when you hit the settings button.

USA defaults to letter, but this can be set to a4 and doesn't change till you change it with the settings button.

Anything else defaults to a4 but can be set to letter and doesn't change till you change it with the settings button.

This observation was on the mp760, but I highly doubt that the mp750/780 are different. After setting your destination (country) to "standard" if you need to copy letter sized documents one needs to set this. This is covered in the standard users manual.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2005, 8:18 PM   #5

Thanks zak that should help him