Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 28, 2005, 5:00 PM   #1

I dont have much experience of injkets, none with photo quality printers, and have just got my new 2400. I expected high quality prints more or less straight out of the box, with minor variations to worry about with profiles, type of paper etc.

I'm getting really BAD prints: massive banding, subtle 'scratchy' kind of banding, large areas that look totally smudged and out of focus (they're not on the original 35mb TIF), totally flat and washed out colour...and its quite worrying, because I dont know why this is happening.

Is there something I haven't set up properly? If so I cant see what it is; the only thing that makes me suspicious is the fact that its printing an A4 image in about 30 seconds, and I understand that about 2.5 minutes is more normal. But I set it up for maximum quality, so I dont know whats going on. And maybe the printer's faulty, and I shouldnt waste any more paper trying to resolve this.

Any ideas?!
theredfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2005, 7:30 AM   #2

First: Did you shake out the ink cartridge's before inserting into the printer? If not you need to do it as the instructions state.

Second: After you get all of the cartridges back in the printer you will now need to do a nozzel check.

if the printer needs it you may have to run a cleaning. probably not, but the nozzel check will tell if needed or not.

print out a test page. if it looks good you are readdy to print.

The book that came with your printer will tell you all of what you need to do this.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2005, 2:10 PM   #3

OK thanks.
Think I've cracked it now!
theredfox is offline   Reply With Quote