Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 30, 2005, 6:25 AM   #1

Ive got an epson r200 with CIS installed, recently ive noticed vertical lines through my prints, ive tried to run the head alignments, nozzle cleans etc but its still got patches missing within the nozzle test on the light cyan and magenta.... any help would be gratefully appreciated, i also have the SSC utility installed, but im not too sure how to use it.

Regards

Nicky
Nicky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2005, 9:37 AM   #2

Please help, ive uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, but now the yellow is half missing on the nozzle check pattern along with the light cyan
Attached Images

Old Sep 1, 2005, 2:01 PM   #3

Nicky

I have a few questions for you, for things to check:

1) Is the CIS system working properly? All the inks full and the system is not sucking in any air?

2) For the nozzle checks in the driver, how does the print look? Is it missing colors or mixing colors?

3) For printhead alignment, does your system have an automatic way of doing it? Can you do this manually too? I don't know the Epson R200 driver setup, just asking because my Canon has this and had to adjust it manually for best results. I was getting banding like you are.

4) Which head clean were you using? Did you use the normal or the super heavy duty deep cleaning one?

5) How long has it been since you used the printer? I know that with some Epsons that they need to be used once a week to help fight against head clogs.

To me, it looks like your printhead is a bit out of alignment, and you might have a head clog too. You need to get the head clog taken care of before the alignment, as that can through it off.

Hope some of this helps.

Bill
Speedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2005, 3:06 PM   #4

Thanx speedie for your help, the answers to your questions are as follows. I hope you can help me further.

1) Is the CIS system working properly? All the inks full and the system is not sucking in any air? Yes its working properly, the inks are 3/4 full and as far as i am aware there is no air being sucked in.

2) For the nozzle checks in the driver, how does the print look? Is it missing colors or mixing colors? Not sure what you mean. Ive used the nozzle check on the epson maintenance, there are lines missing on the light cyan, although the yellow seems to be ok now and there is no mixing of colours.

3) For printhead alignment, does your system have an automatic way of doing it? Can you do this manually too? I don't know the Epson R200 driver setup, just asking because my Canon has this and had to adjust it manually for best results. I was getting banding like you are. Again the printhead alignment is done through the maintenance programme, not sure if you can align them manually (not really to wise to this).

4) Which head clean were you using? Did you use the normal or the super heavy duty deep cleaning one? I have used both the normal head clean and also the powerful cleaning several times.

5) How long has it been since you used the printer? I know that with some Epsons that they need to be used once a week to help fight against head clogs. The printer has been used a few times a week upto a week ago when i went on holiday. I wasnt aware of this problem prior to that.

To me, it looks like your printhead is a bit out of alignment, and you might have a head clog too. You need to get the head clog taken care of before the alignment, as that can through it off. Ive done the printhead alignment using the program and head clean, not sure how to get the head clog taken care of.

Regards Nicky