Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 31, 2005, 5:32 PM   #1

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/63332

Quote:
[align=right][/align]
The recently implanted electronics, he explained, only serves to check levels and make it easier for people to use the printers. In addition, users will also be able to continue printing even after the tank has reported that it is empty so that the last few drops can be used. Printers from other vendors often stop working as soon as the level indicator reports that there is no more ink, forcing users to buy an expensive new cartridge before they need to. Canon's decision will probably help it keep its high level of customer satisfaction. (Craig Morris) / (jk/c't)
No word on whether we will be able to buy completely different carts or if we need a canon cart with the chip to make the printer work.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2005, 7:19 PM   #2

Hope someone comes up with a workaround so your cartridge doesn't show empty after you refill it. I like the current system for refilling. It warns you when the tank is empty with plenty left in the sponge. That is a good time to refill.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2005, 7:50 PM   #3

slipe wrote:
Quote:
Hope someone comes up with a workaround so your cartridge doesn't show empty after you refill it. I like the current system for refilling. It warns you when the tank is empty with plenty left in the sponge. That is a good time to refill.

Refilling is allowed so you won't need a resetter like the Epson's the word is that the chipset is only used to more accurately measure the ink. I'm guessing when you refill the cart it will then displayed as full.

The only catch is for us who want to buy third party carts out right and wether the chips are needed to make the printer work.

I buy mine from http://www.swiftink.com and the quality is good and the price of $4 is one third the Canon price.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote