Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 1, 2005, 12:34 AM   #1

I just received an R800 today, installed the ink and inserted some Epson 4x6 Premium Glossy Photo Paper (sheets)into the printer. First print I'm trying is a portrait w/solid darker blue background.

I'm using photoshop 7.0 and from the print/page setup I've selected "Premium Glossy Photo Paper", 4x6 and borderless. When selecting this combination it warns that with paper that is not recommened degradation can occur at the top and bottom of the prints.

The top and bottom ~3/4" has very definite banding (blue background appears to have lighter stripes of varying heights) and the top/bottom ~1/4" is definitely much lighter.

I've tried a few of the options but haven't found anything that looks remotely decent. I have to believe that Epson does have their paper on the "recommended" list.

Am I doing something wrong? I'll be glad to scan and upload the print if that will help. My terminology may be a bit off.

Regards,
Dick Mincher
Cupertino, CA
mincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2005, 10:23 AM   #2

Dick,

I've heard of this before.

I think it's a firmware issue (but not sure).

I first heard about this in an Epson R800 review on the following site (go to page 9 of the review):

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/

If Epson haven't fixed it with thier latest firmwareyet, you may want to ask them (politely) to pull their fingers out!

Hope this helps.

regards,

Jack
Jack N is offline   Reply With Quote