Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 28, 2003, 6:38 PM   #1

Default So confused! Keep the S9000 or get the i950?

I am totally tired of printer decisions. I started with the HP 7550. Brought it back because its an ink guzzler. Bought the S830D, something is wrong with it, it does not print consistent. Wanted the S900, but discontinued. So, I got the S9000. Before buying the S9000 though, I called canon last week to see if it would replace the S900 and they told me probably not and the i950 might not even become available in the US. Now today I've read many forums and found out that I can get the i950 at PC Connection for 299.00. It is in stock. Does anyone know whether its that much better than the S9000?I just really want the best printer and don't want to settle for something if its not the best. I still have 15 days to send back the S9000. I really didn't need the wide format either, just bought it because the S900 wasn't available. Also, I don't know if this means anything or not, but, last week the S900 and the S9000 was on gateways web site. Now, neither of them are. I wonder if the S9000 is being discontinued too.
teppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2003, 1:32 AM   #2

Personally I'd stick with the 9000 since you have it already. Send 'Steve' a private e-mail and he'll advise you. He really can't do that on the forums.
Blessings, Johnny
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2003, 3:45 PM   #3

Default review of the I950

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/
PhotoMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2003, 6:36 PM   #4

Default Re: So confused! Keep the S9000 or get the i950?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teppy
I am totally tired of printer decisions. I started with the HP 7550. Brought it back because its an ink guzzler. Bought the S830D, something is wrong with it, it does not print consistent. Wanted the S900, but discontinued. So, I got the S9000. Before buying the S9000 though, I called canon last week to see if it would replace the S900 and they told me probably not and the i950 might not even become available in the US. Now today I've read many forums and found out that I can get the i950 at PC Connection for 299.00. It is in stock.

I checked a site called www.pcconnection.com and there is no Canon i950 there.

Can you clarify this as I WILL wait for the i950 since I've just got all my pieces of my new PC system except for the photoprinter.

JL

Does anyone know whether its that much better than the S9000?I just really want the best printer and don't want to settle for something if its not the best. I still have 15 days to send back the S9000. I really didn't need the wide format either, just bought it because the S900 wasn't available. Also, I don't know if this means anything or not, but, last week the S900 and the S9000 was on gateways web site. Now, neither of them are. I wonder if the S9000 is being discontinued too.
JimLewandowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2003, 7:12 PM   #5

Default i950

It was there yesterday. I looked today and could not find it either. On anther forum dpreview, I think someone said they had 9 in stock. They must have sold them. Why don't you try calling the phone number on their site, maybe they can tell you when they will get more.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 3:26 AM   #6

Default where's the i950

I was watching dpreview posts when it was first posted that pc connection had them. I called and they said that they had 36 in stock. I reposted spreading the news. Latter that same day people were posting that they had half that many. They probably pulled it off their site tempoarilly because they sold out. I saw another post where someone asked at comp usa and they looked it up. There computer showed they had 11 in route to the store at a price of 250.00. I wonder if pc conection got them earlly and rushed them to the market to sell them at a premium. Reguardless I suspect that everybody will have them soon. At least two people posting on dp review have already recieved their printers from pc conection so they are avalable in the US now.
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2003, 7:33 AM   #7

Default i950 v S9000

Teppy,

Read this thread (including the dp-now.com thread contained within it).
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=4299673

Keep the S9000.

Chris
Chris R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2003, 11:59 AM   #8

Default thanks Chris!

Thank you so much! I had not seen this. This makes it alot easier for me. I'm really happy with the S9000 using Qimage. I really don't know if my profiles are correct, but like what I'm getting. I'm so unfamiliar with ICC's, and am not sure how to do this. I've emailed for support but have not heard back yet. Thanks again.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 2:08 PM   #9

Default are you superman

all these reviews show pictures on magnafaction and unless your eyes can see 5x normal sight my guess it will not matter. As long as the dots are not noticable no the naked eye that is all we should be asking for. You also have to remember the I950 isn't time tested yet, and just because it's supposed to be an newer better upgrade version doesn't mean it's better in the real world.
Old Feb 1, 2003, 7:06 AM   #10

Default when do they upgrade

when does canon bring out new printer models to replace the old ones? it seams like Epson does every year.