Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 13, 2005, 6:23 AM   #1

I have full-printable disks (with inner ring diameter of 26 mm).

Using Canon's own CD label print software (CD-LabelPrint) provides a way to define new CD label types including outer and inner print boundery size specification. It works fine.

However, this software is rather simple, and I would like to use alternative software (such as PSP or CorelDraw). No problem while normal printing: once I made a template where I calibrated where to place the label image, and it goes well as long as the standard inner ring diameter (42 mm) is sufficient. Sadly, I couldn't reduce this, so all my printouts has a wide, white, unprinted area in the center.

I've dug the driver interface, even the registry, but was unable to find how to set this printing parameter.

Because the original software works fine with this, I am sure, the printer itself could handle it.

Does anyone know how to configure the driver to support this? Creating new paper type? Even poking in registry would be a welcomed way. [img]images/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanx for any the help!
balage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2005, 8:03 AM   #2

Its simple (with the secret). :shock:

Start CD-LablePrint.
Select "New"
Go to:
File
Select Paper
New
Then just dial in inner and outer diameters (the outer should be OK already).

That's it!

But don't tell anyone! :G

arklab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 8:16 AM   #3

Thanx for your reply. The only thing you missed:

I would like to use other application, not CD-LabelPrint, for example CorelDraw.

What's funny, that the printer capable for this, but not provided by the driver, so it should be controlled through the application itself (probably by some kind of control sequence).

The official Canon support told me, that there is no way to do it, because the driver doesn't support this. Hurray! [img]images/emoticons/icon_sad.gif[/img]
balage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 2:32 PM   #4

The printer driver has nothing to do with it.

It's all in the application. You can download Epson's CD print prog, and it works with the Pixma printer.

Other programs should work, too.
arklab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 3:29 PM   #5

arklab wrote:
Quote:
The printer driver has nothing to do with it.

It's all in the application. You can download Epson's CD print prog, and it works with the Pixma printer.

Other programs should work, too.
Really? I have the epson application and the last time I used it it printed way off center, so far that manual adjustments to get it even close to not being off center were out of bounds. Perhaps you can share how you got the epson software to work as I still have some discs with the label in epson format.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 12:23 AM   #6

I'd like to see that too. The Epson CD printer program doesn't like my Pixma at all.
jim5554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 9:00 AM   #7

I use the Nero label program, since I use Nero software for DVD burning. You can set your template the way you want it. There's a memo on the "CD/DVD Printing Issues" thread (quite a while back) That gives setup instructions

Sorry that I couldn't find the exact post -- there are over 1300 posts and replies on that thread. But it involves going to file -- Paper Stocks and adding a new stock with a label item. You can then adjust the size of paper to match the tray and the label to the size of your CD/DVD, both OD an ID. You can also set label location to exactly print where you need it.

Bob Coy
Skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote