Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 14, 2005, 3:05 PM   #1

I purchased a CIS (continuous ink system) system from JWLSales on eBay and had some real problems with it. Supposably I bought his latest v6.

I have noticed that 'when it was' working, it seemed to use a tremendous amount of ink. Much more than the original cartridges did.

I hear that the refillable cartridges may be the way to go and at first, I liked the system here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6801855094&ssp agename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1[img]chrome://targetalert/content/skin/new.png[/img]

After further review it seems the ink is not exactly right (still working on that issue) and the cartridge needs to have 'flow control' built in with no sponge. The 'flow control' is said to be important because all of the spongeless cartridges without flow control leak ink (similar to what I think was happening to jwlsales cartridges) whereas with a sponge, it is said to dry up and clog etc. I think I have a source for the correct cartridges (spongeless with flow control) from an ebay seller rcl0072003@yahoo.com but I am still not sure.

In the product URL above, I do like the nifty little syringe bottles he uses. Supposedly you are even able to bend the needle slightly to get it into the ink cartridges without spilling any which is pretty cool. Since there are supposedly better cartidges out there I may not need his whole system though.

Does anyone know where I might be able to buy just bottles have the little syringe thingy built-in?

Can anyone shed some light on this whole refillable cartridge situation and tell me what is and isn't really needed.
trpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2005, 4:51 AM   #2

In fairness I haven't used the JWL CIS system nor have I gone with any refillable carts since my trusty old 740 finally bit the bullet..

However if you're really having that many problems getting your refillable carts refilled I gotta question whether they do the job properly.

My advice would be to look at somewhere other than Ebay for your solutions... Either an alternative CIS (not a JWL clone) or refillable cart set...

MIS associated do both, and InkRepublic provide a CIS... I'd highly recommend MIS inks though, having used them for over 3 years in both CIS systems... Hint: go with Dyebase inks though

Hope that helps...
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 5:00 AM   #3

Thanks. I appreciate that. Do you have a link for a good refillable cartridge supplier? I don't think I'll be running any more tubing.
trpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 5:25 AM   #4

trpenner wrote:
Quote:
Thanks. I appreciate that. Do you have a link for a good refillable cartridge supplier? I don't think I'll be running any more tubing.
I'd give MIS a look see...
http://www.inksupply.com/epsonkits.cfm#r300
(NB: these will work with the R320 too as the cartridge is the exact same type)

The inks are very good (as I've already said) and they have a lot of experience with refillable cartridges.. The half and half sponge/spongeless tank design seems to be a real winner so for the money you get a good system..

For what it's worth though I have an R320 CIS system in an R300 here and they are working perfectly so it's well worth considering if you're doing a lot of printing and the installation instructions really are a LOT simpler than anything I've seen elsewhere.

Hope that helps...
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2005, 1:29 PM   #5

Hello,

First post on this board. .

Like websnail I too have an R320 running a CIS system. . once setup it has been running faultlessly for weeks with no problems - print quality is great. . nearly 500 odd photos printed. .

I got it from a seller called inktecmidlands. .

Tha main attraction is the lack of intervention. . plus refilling is as easy as topping up the external resevoir. .

All the best

Antony
antonyjcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 9:17 PM   #6

If you want a NICe CIS kit from EBAY.Buy from the member Printonadime.I have his CIS kit.It's not homemade like alot of the ebay ones are.I have been useng this thing VERY heave for 4 to 5 months now using the 18 dollar ink reifill kit from Cosco(640ML of ink for 18 bucks).The Costco kit has ink bottles with the needle tips.The ink seems fairly good also.Everyone thinks my prints are amazing.

Here is Printonadime's Ebay Store.This ink came in a factory sealed box and worked great right out of the box following his supplied instructions.It came with a printer adjust program and videos on how to install.I have NOT had ANY trouble with it and hardly ever have to do a head cleaning.Good luck.

http://stores.ebay.com/Print-on-a-Di...toreviewQQtZkm
plumpkatt1 is offline   Reply With Quote