Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 21, 2005, 6:57 AM   #1

hi

i`m after some help on cleaning nozzles on my epson c70,i`ve tried the epson cleaning program,also renewed cartridges,tried genuine and compatables but printing is still hit and miss,is there any other way to clean the jets?

many thanks.
slayermaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 27, 2005, 6:30 AM   #2

Best bet is to try a cleaning cartridge, try a couple of cleans with a cleaning cartridge and then leave over night giving a final clean the next day.

Finally another cleaning cycle but with new ink tanks and then try a print, under no cicumstances must you do more than 6 cleaning cycles in one go or the heads will be damaged - not my words but Epsons.

Another common cause for clogging is the waste pump... underneath the docking area there is a clear plastic pipe, this usually becomes detatched from the docking bay, the ink dries in the docking sponge and clogs the heads, instead of being sucked down the pipe to the waste pad.

If you can do a cleaning cycle with the lid up you ought to be able see the plastic pipe and the ink being sucked up, if this happens the pipe is OK, if the pipe comes adrift you'll see no ink flow in the pipe.

Also if the ink tank runs dry in these, you are more than likely to end up with a air lock, what happens is you get air in the head chamber, when you insert a new tank you'll end up with a mass of ink sitting on a volume of air, the peizo heads relay on gravity and vibration to squirt ink, this is the main reason of 'chipped' tanks.

I had a C62 that clogged on the 2nd day, the replacement clogged on the 4th day all with OEM ink, getting fed up with this and wasting expensive ink I wanted to try a Canon.

I was dubious about the Canon ip5000 thinking finer heads means more clogs... I took the bait and discovered how wrong I was, the Canon well over 4 months old not one single clog or manual nozzle clean required to date mind you I am using OEM ink and it's a far more economical to add.

Davy

davy is offline   Reply With Quote