Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 24, 2005, 7:12 AM   #1

Hi I am new to this board, and I have been doing searches all over the net with no luck. Does anyone know or have a link that will tell you what you can use to soak the print head in to clean it out if it's been sitting and might be clogged for the canon i9900. Is there a cleaning solution that can be used?
Geminichild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2005, 5:53 AM   #2

I am in the same boat as you. I have a canon 9100 and it simply will not print. Nothing at all. We have not used it for a while and I think it has dried up. How do I clean it. The ink seems nice and fluid, it simply will not print anything. I mean not a singledrop ofink comes out at all.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
theStuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 6:13 AM   #3

I have not heard anything yet myself, but I did take the chance and tried something on my own. At this point I didn't care if I ruin the head, I filled up a small plastic container with hot water (not too hot ) and I took the print head and submerged it completely in the water moving it around , letting it sit etc... Running water over the bottom of the head at times , letting it soak again. I let it dry completley and put it back in and it works fine. I did notice at some sites they sell a cleaner (weink.com, inkgrabber.com,colorbat.com) also they sell new print heads.
Geminichild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 9:45 AM   #4

I cleaned the print head on my i865 after it got swamped with Cyan ink, justheld it under running cold water until it ran clear. Worked perfectly ever since :-)
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote