Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 24, 2005, 1:22 PM   #1

I have a canon printer i560...I have had it about 10 months....when I tried to print I get streaks..or the picture is very light...I have clean the head and also have put new cart..in it...but the same results....I did deep cleaning also....any ideal or is it time for a new printer...thanks:?
weesieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 25, 2005, 5:39 AM   #2

weesieO wrote:
Quote:
I have a canon printer i560...I have had it about 10 months....when I tried to print I get streaks..or the picture is very light...I have clean the head and also have put new cart..in it...but the same results....I did deep cleaning also....any ideal or is it time for a new printer...thanks:?
Worst case, think about printhead or replacement printer.

QY6-0042-000 $55.95 on amazon...

Keep in mind that your printer shares a printhead with the i850, ip3000, mp700 and mp730. I have seen the ip3000 recently for $80.. there is a $20 rebate I think is good till the end of this month, but it would be hard to tell if you'll get the product before then. I paid less for mine so it is possible you might find a good deal as the ip3000 and ip4000 are on their way out in favor of the new models. The new ip4200 is floating at about $120... so twice the price of a replacement head or 1/3 more than a printer with similar specs same head.

But you say 10 months? Did you buy it new? If so why muck around asking questions and call canon support. They will often next day air you a new head so long as the printer is under it's warranty which is typicaly 1 year. They'll walk you through steps... even ask you which tanks you have in the printer. It's annoying but understandable and shouldn't take more than 15min.

This other forum has some useful tips for cleaning printheads if that's the path you choose
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=63

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2005, 8:37 AM   #3

THANKS WILL TRY ALL OF THESE SUGGESTON..THANK ALOT....:idea:
weesieO is offline   Reply With Quote