Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 26, 2005, 6:18 AM   #1

Hii,

trying to find someone who might be able to give me some help on the following problem . Believe me i have tried various sites but to no avail .

I used to print on this printer on CD shaped (hockey ring) and did not have any problems . I used the software which came with the printer .

Now i purchased Bussness card shaped CD and SURPRIZE problems croped up.

first problem was that the tray does not really take these type of cds but when i taped them i did print ( very time consuming ) but i would wish to find a better solution .

The other problem is that the software i have only prints to stadard CD or hockey ring shaped cd. I am trying to find a software that would help me print the shape i want to ie rectengular .

Hope someone can give me a helping hand

Regards

Anton from MALTA

Anthony Cini is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2005, 7:57 PM   #2

My first thought would be to cut out a section from the centre of an old full-size CD to exactly accommodate your blanks and use this as a template for locating your rectangular CD's on the tray.

You could probably use your existing software to set up your data for only the rectangular section.

Whilst I've not had occasion to print rectangular cards, I think any graphics program with text handling ability (most of them, these days) could be used to set up your data in the correct position, then save the graphic in .JPG format.

You could then import and print it with your Epson-supplied utility.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 1:25 PM   #3

Thank you,

I think they are both good ideas to try out . as for the sowftware i might be able to go around it . Will keep u informed what has happened .

As for the cd ......how do i cut out the rectangle ???

any ideas .

thank you

:?

Anthony Cini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 7:53 PM   #4

Hmmm -- wasn't all that easy when I tried it...

Mark out the outline, clamp the CD down to a suitable piece of scrap board and drill a starter hole in each corner.

Fit the finest pitch blade you can get to your jigsaw (or use a hand fretsaw -- I don't possess one at the moment) and cut carefully.

Clean up any imperfections with a file.

A rotary tool such as a Dremel with a metal saw wheel (not an abrasive wheel) would probably also do the job.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote