Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 26, 2005, 12:38 PM   #1

A few months ago I thought I was having trouble with MIS photo cyan and photo magenta plugging up my i9100 nozzles... Genuine Canon ink took care of the problem but I decided to give MIS another try when I reached low ink levels again. Everything was fine until I didn't print for an extended period of time... About four (4) complete middle rows in the photo cyan nozzle test pattern are missing or very very faint. Several cleanings have done nothing to improve the problem. I have even tried some of the MIS cleaning fuild but haven't tried the warm water, Windexor any other trick/method yet.

Purge Pattern problem: For months now I've been under the assumption that if the printer was in good printing condition and I printed one of those Purge Patterns from MIS or Colorbat that equal amounts of ink would be used from each of the six tanks and that all the nozzles would be used... Apparently I've been wrong? My first doubts came this morning when the photo cyan test pattern was almost perfect... "How could this be when the nozzle test pattern showed all those plugged photo cyan ink nozzles?" I put a YELLOW ink tank in the CYAN position and did another print of both the MIS and the Colorbat files and what color did I get where the photo cyan should be? Yellow. Apparently photo cyan ink isn't even used in the purge pattern print?

Purge Pattern Question: Does anyone know how to really just print using the photo cyan ink on a i9100? Or is my i9100 unique?
osculate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links