Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 6, 2005, 11:17 PM   #1

Hi, I have tried to install the ip4000 drivers on my computer, but have failed. I tried downloading the driver off the canon website, but that didn't work either.

During the installation, the process fails at 60% "Creating Folder" and gives the error message: insufficient system resources. I'm not sure what this means, since I have plenty have HD space and RAM for my computer.

I also tried manually installing the printer using the "add printer" tool under "control panel" -> "printer and faxes" and selecting the .inf file to use, but that fails too and gives the message "Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be completed"

PLEASE help with this problem, I would really like to be able to print from my computer.

gastro54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2005, 1:11 PM   #2

Are you logged in as an admin.?

Check to see if the printer is already installed in "add remove programs", if so, uninstall it. Also check under "printers and faxs".

Also look on the C drive to see if there is a canon folder already created, you should be able to delete it, since it will be recreated upon reinstallation of the driver.

Make sure the printer is OFF, otherwise windows will try to install it with a generic driver.
eric93se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 6:33 AM   #3

Just to add, I don't know if it's relevant or not. I have the ip5000 and there's also a 'hidden' folder marked Canon, you'll have to click 'show hidden folders' to see this.

Never really studied it so I can't comment further, one thing if it indicates insufficient system resources, sound like he's running out of memory.

Davy
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 10:36 AM   #4
Administrator

Did you go by the instructions in the "Easy Setup" guide that was included with your printer (big, folded up brochure type instructions)?

You probably have to do it in the order recommended. It involves running a Setup program from the included CD, with the printer turned off, cancelling any "new hardware" found screens from Windows, until the software is at the point where it tells you to turn the printer on before it can finish the installation process.

If not, you'll probably need to remove any software (ControlPanel, Add/Remove Software), and drivers you've attempted to install (under the Hardware, Device Drivers menus) before starting again from scratch.

P.S.

Sometimes you can have conflicts with other devices and software running, too. For example, your firewall or virus protection product. In some cases, you may also need to unplug other USB attached devices and stop any software using them from running (for example, I've seen some of the HP printer monitor software cause conflicts with other devices).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote