Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 9, 2005, 3:49 PM   #1

Ok people. I was able to in effect change my i960 to an i965. And afterwards, I was able to USE the i965 printer driver WITH CD printing capabilities.

[align=left]Service mode operation procedures>[/align]

[align=left]1) With the printer power turned off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the Power button. (DO NOT release the buttons. The LED lights[/align]

[align=left]in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)[/align]

[align=left]2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (DO NOT release the Power button.)[/align]

[align=left]3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the[/align]

[align=left]Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)[/align]

[align=left]4) When the LED lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below. (Each time[/align]

[align=left]the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)[/align]

[align=left]5) After the function (menu) is selected, press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the selected function is performed. (When the operation[/align]

[align=left]completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)[/align]

[align=left]<Destination settings procedures>[/align]

[align=left]In the destination settings mode, press the Resume/Cancel button the specified number of time(s) according to the destination listed in the table below, and press[/align]

[align=left]the Power button.[/align]

[align=left]Note: After setting the destination, confirm the model name in the service test print or EEPROM information print.[/align]

[align=left][See 3-4. Verification Items, (1) Service test print, or (2) EEPROM information print.][/align]

[align=left]Time(s) LED Function Remarks[/align]

[align=left]0 times Green Power off When the print head is not installed, the carriage returns and[/align]

[align=left]locks in the home position.[/align]

[align=left]1 time Orange Service test print
See 3-4. Verification Items, (1) Service test print.[/align]

[align=left]2 times Green EEPROM information print
See 3-4. Verification Items, (2) EEPROM information print.[/align]

[align=left]3 times Orange EEPROM initialization[/align]

[align=left]4 times Green Waste ink counter resetting[/align]

[align=left]5 times Orange Destination settings Proceed to the following step 5), and follow the Destination[/align]

[align=left]settings procedures.[/align]

[align=left]6 times Green Print head deep cleaning[/align]

[align=left]7 times Orange CD-R test print Not used in servicing.[/align]

[align=left]8 times Green CD-R print position correction[/align]

[align=left](horizontal) Not used in servicing.[/align]

[align=left]9 times Orange CD-R print position correction[/align]

[align=left](vertical) Not used in servicing.[/align]

[align=left]10 times Green Button and LCD viewer test Proceed to the following step 5)[/align]

[align=left]
Once you are at #5, use this information:[/align]

[align=left][/align]

[align=left]1 time Orange :No change

[/align]

[align=left]2 times Green Other than Japan, non-support of CD-R printing (A4): i960(A4)[/align]

[align=left]3 times Orange Other than Japan, non-support of CD-R printing (LTR): i960 (LTR)[/align]

[align=left]4 times Green Other than Japan, support of CD-R printing (A4):i965 (A4)[/align]

[align=left]5 times Orange Other than Japan, support of CD-R printing (LTR):i965 (LTR)[/align]

[align=left][/align]

[align=left]I pressed it 5 times, and when I printed out the EPROM info, it now shows up as an i965 (LTR)[/align]

[align=left]Once that is done, all you will need is the CD tray assembly. Good luck! [/align]

[align=left][/align]

[align=left]Email me if you have any questions.[/align]
G.W.

[align=left][/align]
gamo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2005, 6:04 AM   #2

Quote:
Service mode operation procedures

1) With the printer power turned off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the Power button. (DO NOT release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)

2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (DO NOT release the Power button.)

3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)

4) When the LED lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)

5) After the function (menu) is selected, press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)

<Destination settings procedures>

In the destination settings mode, press the Resume/Cancel button the specified number of time(s) according to the destination listed in the table below, and press the Power button.

Note: After setting the destination, confirm the model name in the service test print or EEPROM information print.

[See 3-4. Verification Items, (1) Service test print, or (2) EEPROM information print.]

Time(s) LED Function Remarks

0 times Green Power off When the print head is not installed, the carriage returns and locks in the home position.

1 time Orange Service test print See 3-4. Verification Items, (1) Service test print.
2 times Green EEPROM information print See 3-4. Verification Items, (2) EEPROM information print.
3 times Orange EEPROM initialization
4 times Green Waste ink counter resetting
5 times Orange Destination settings Proceed to the following step 5), and follow the Destination settings procedures.
6 times Green Print head deep cleaning
7 times Orange CD-R test print Not used in servicing.
8 times Green CD-R print position correction (horizontal) Not used in servicing.
9 times Orange CD-R print position correction (vertical) Not used in servicing.
10 times Green Button and LCD viewer test Proceed to the following step 5)

Once you are at #5, use this information:

1 time Orange :No change
2 times Green Other than Japan, non-support of CD-R printing (A4): i960(A4)
3 times Orange Other than Japan, non-support of CD-R printing (LTR): i960 (LTR)
4 times Green Other than Japan, support of CD-R printing (A4): i965 (A4)
5 times Orange Other than Japan, support of CD-R printing (LTR): i965 (LTR)

I pressed it 5 times, and when I printed out the EPROM info, it now shows up as an i965 (LTR)

Once that is done, all you will need is the CD tray assembly. Good luck!

Email me if you have any questions.

G.W.

Nice condensed formating is better :lol:
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 1:09 PM   #3

:sad:After I convert the I960 to I965, I insert the CD tray assembly. It keep error no cd tray assembly insert from printing cd. Please make sure insert the cd tray. Do I missing something or my printer missing the switch to detect the cd tray assembly.

poona888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 3:11 PM   #4

poona888 wrote:
Quote:
:sad:After I convert the I960 to I965, I insert the CD tray assembly. It keep error no cd tray assembly insert from printing cd. Please make sure insert the cd tray. Do I missing something or my printer missing the switch to detect the cd tray assembly.
I don't know the i965 personaly, but I do know that the i965 took "tray type a". The reflector location was different as far as I could tell from the online photos. For example you have the nose on the tray type B with three reflectors... where tray type A would have the reflectors aft of the hub, not fore.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 7:24 PM   #5

Very interesting.* So-- where might a yank find "tray type A?"
Scotious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 9:37 PM   #6

Scotious wrote:
Quote:
Very interesting. So-- where might a yank find "tray type A?"
As a fellow yank... I have NO idea where to get "QA4-1117-000". One can google those numbers and find euro shops that carry it, but as to shipping I have no clue. Canon usa has sold the "type B" to people so you might want to ask canonusa parts. I know in the case of my epson tray I was able to paint the marks on with spray on oil based paint.. and actually to find the correct location I used foil taped to my epson tray but later discovered that white paper and white paint work well as well.

-for example-
http://shop.itex.at/product_info.php...ucts_id=912596

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/int...965/page_6.htm

This site actually has a quicktime movie on the i965 cd printing system. It looks to me like one fore of the alignment arrows... one same side aft, opposite side less aft, and an extra one 5.5mm x 5.5 and 16.5mm 5.5mm by my aproximation.

Attached Images

Old Dec 22, 2005, 9:48 PM   #7

I have the tray A. But the printer keep say I need to insert the Cd tray assembly (holder). The print was not complain the cd tray. It cannot detect the CD Tray Assembly. Is anyone know what was going on this printer?

Thanks is advacne
poona888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2005, 4:42 AM   #8

poona888 wrote:
Quote:
I have the tray A. But the printer keep say I need to insert the Cd tray assembly (holder). The print was not complain the cd tray. It cannot detect the CD Tray Assembly. Is anyone know what was going on this printer?

Thanks is advacne
If you could take the time to scan tray type A and post it here, or give a copy to knightcrawler or my self that would be spiffy. Simply put... there is very little info on the subject apart from the post here, dunkerchannel, and knightcrawlers page.
[deutch page]
http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel...37&seite=1

But according to this page the "cd tray assembly [holder]" is the tray type A... vs the " TRAY GUIDE UNIT PN: QM2-0626-000" which is the thing you gotta stick into your printer to put the tray into. If this was my mp760... the symptoms would sugest that the unit was not aligned. But franky I don't know where that would be in service mode or if that was a feature of the i965. The symptom could be not alignment like in my mp760 but something not hooked up. Or... the most simple explanation of all... it could be your arrows are not lined up when your trying to print. See the image... also it points out the suspected reflector locations better than the privious image I submited.

Attached Images

Old Dec 23, 2005, 5:01 AM   #9

Additional... if you wanted to experiment with reflectors... as using some sort of wood glue that can easily be removed... I merged two images together to create some idea of the location of the reflectors. Don't take this as being accurate to any degree.... this is just a vague idea.
Attached Images

Old Dec 24, 2005, 2:53 PM   #10

Well, I guess this seems pretty unlikely to accomplish this here in the states.* Canon certainly won't sell it to me.* Anybody overeas want to help me acquire the i965 CD tray kit?* *What might the price (w/shipping) be?* Not worth it, I imagine.**
Scotious is offline   Reply With Quote