Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 14, 2005, 10:01 AM   #1

Hoping someone here can help.

I was printing a DVD the other night in my R200 and made the (idiotic:angry mistake ofsetting up/inserting the tray before I started it up, told youit was idiotic.
Anyways, the heads went through their normal startup and whacked the cd/dvd tray, which I quickly pulled out. It was a little too late though. The clear plactic trim piece of the tray got hit and a small 1/2" portion got broken off. I tried the DVD print and it came out wonderfully except some smudged/blemished ink markings where there was actually nothing to be printed. I mean my design was centered above and below the dvd center hole and the rest (sides) was to be blank surface, but that is where these smudges showed up in a vertical pattern. I already gave it to a friend so I don't have a pic, but I could get it back and post if it would help.

My questionis whetherthis could have caused physical damage to a print head (or something)and whatI could look forin case it did or any other suggestions as to what could have happened that is causing these anomalies.

I don't believe thebroken piece from thetray is that big of a deal, but willreplace it if I have to - noticed a link in another thread to get one.

Any helphere would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks from a new member.

chetspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:08 AM   #2

Try printing on paper -- if that comes out OK you've probably got away with it.

The blow may have distorted the tray a bit, perhaps.

The clear trim on the leading edge can, at a pinch, be repaired with clear adhesive tape carefully attached on both sides.

My R310 (same mechanism) won't start if the tray is inserted first -- the printer must be turned on and have set itself up.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:47 PM   #3

Have you tried printing on plain paper or tried printing a photo, this would tell you if any damage has been done to the print head.

If you tried using the tray maybe the alaignment would suffer causing the tray to be tilted.

Oooops sorry didn't realise Idle mentioned it

Davy

davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2005, 9:01 PM   #4

I printed out an email on regular paper and it was fine. I printed another DVD and there were some small artifacts, but much less than the first. So I guess we'll see as I print more.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:31 PM   #5

Everything was fine with my latest DVD print. Thanks for the help guys.