Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 17, 2005, 2:56 PM   #1

What are the things that makes a photo printer quality better. Is it just the max dpi? Is the the Picoliter size ie 1 picoliter vs 2. If not what?
phillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2005, 3:58 PM   #2

Well, it's a lot like the Chevy-Ford-Chrysler argument, it's all subjective. I just did a lot of homework and read countless reviews before making my decision. For instance, I wanted disk printing,and whilethe Epson R300 did get some good reviews, the bad reviews kept saying the same things. The top twowere "high ink consumption" and "weak CD tray", those two kept coming upon different reviews. The Canon iP4200 consistently gotbetter reviews, but of course didn't have the disk printing in the US. So after finding this site, I decided to go with the Canon and make the mod for CDprinting. I feel like I got"the best of both worlds". ;-)
Ra Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 10:18 PM   #3

phillyman wrote:
Quote:
What are the things that makes a photo printer quality better. Is it just the max dpi? Is the the Picoliter size ie 1 picoliter vs 2. If not what?
That's a hard question to answer. For example you have two epson models, the r1800 and the r2400. Both a3, both 5760 x 1440. But the r2400 uses a 3.5pl drop and costs more than the r1800 that uses a 1.5pl drop size.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote