Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 19, 2005, 12:50 AM   #11

laikanuki wrote:
Quote:
Canon iP4200 is not the same as Canon iP4000, the cartridges on iP4200 are chipped and smaller ink capacity, Canon has put a lot of thought into how to prevent the iP4200 from using refilled inks, it can be done, but Canon will know and this warning is presented on the screen if you want to proceed to the refilling stage
True but the 4200 is new and it will have plenty of generic carts on the market soon. Anybody that wants or needs a Canon Printer to do volume should look at the 4000 or 5000.

The 4200 is kinda ugly anyways
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 12:53 AM   #12

laikanuki wrote:
Quote:
Diverting the waste tank on Epson R210 (R200), takes about 10 minutes - easy. A software programme is needed to reset the purge tank counter, this topic is covered elsewhere in this forum.I have never had a problem with R210 clogging, maybe it is the inks I use and always using the printer. An occassional head clean is needed to keep the print quality up, but if using a continuous flow system , the cost of the ink wasted is not an issue
Perhaps the r210 isn't as prone to clogging as the r200. Perhaps it's gasket doesn't move out of place. You're less likely to clog if you print often, more so if you don't. This is true of any inkjet just in the case of micropiezos the clogs are more serious and in the case of epson more so since it's a combo gravity assist and micropiezo.

You can't really say the epson is superior with a CIS in terms of cost because you can get CIS systems for other printers, and odds are since epson wastes much ink, it'll still be cheaper with a canon or better still a new HP.

I will agree the r200/r210 is more idealy suited to a cis. Simply put an micropiezo based printer is going to be less prone to burnout, and under ideal conditions will outlast a termal system.

But for your average consumer, I can't really reccomend the r200. Without propriority knowledge they are designed to stop working after a year of normal use. For someone with a good cleaning manual, who's happy to download the SSC utility and re-route the waste ink... i'd say go for it. I appricate the fact that the ouput is nothing short of brilliant.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 1:17 AM   #13

Epson vs Canon

Attached Images

Old Oct 19, 2005, 1:18 AM   #14

Epson
Attached Images

Old Oct 19, 2005, 2:58 AM   #15

KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
Epson
http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer..._bright_colors

Unfortunatly i'm too lazy to plug in my r200 to do a similar test, which would be a little more fair to contrast dye vs dye, though still I'm suprprised in your test the epson looked more faided. Usually it's the other way around with canon on CD media unless you up the intensity 12 to 22 depending on the media.

I can say my reasons for making the switch to the ip3000 and mp760 are

1. Serviceablity (diaper replacement) and quality.
2. Text quality.
3. waterfastness
4. drytime
5. easy refilling

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote