Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 19, 2005, 6:57 AM   #1

[Sorry - posted this the first time to wrong topic.]

I print photos with a focus on archival - meaning I want them to last 100+ years.

I was introduced to the Epson PictureMate and love the instant dry and archival properties - but want the same features in a full size printer.

I see good reviews for Epson 800 and 1800 and considering them - but doubt they are instant dry - or at least I haven't read that in any description.

So do the prints dry fast? Any other full size printers with the instant dry AND archival qualities (and produce good prictures too)?

Yes - I want the moon!

Kay

ohkaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2005, 8:23 AM   #2

I own an R1800 and the answer is yes to both of your questions:

Archival
Touch Dry (even @ A3+ and gloss optimised)

One thing I have noticed is that quality/brand of paper makes a difference. I normally only use Epson's own premium quality gloss paper - but recently purchase some Kodak Ultima paper (knock down price) and ran a comparison test. The Kodak is "tackier" than Epson paper and needs more care when handling.

The output from this printer is stunning - even better results than from my Epson R800 (A4 version). One word of warning - only use Epson inks, don't even think of using "replacements" - some repalcement inks are excellent but you will see a visible difference.

Get one today
chicago is offline   Reply With Quote