Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 19, 2005, 8:22 AM   #1

I've been wanting to get a printer for CD printing andI already own a Canon i860. I am very happy with the Canon and must say I never was satisfied with my other Epsons (Photo 750 and Photo 820). I'm stationed in Germany and I see the new Canon's have the CD printing feature but since the printers are only 220v I would not be able to take it back to the states when I leave. So, I was thinking of getting something like the Epson 200 just for the CD feature but I was curious to know if the r320 is noticeable better than the i860? If I'm going to spend $60-80 I may as well see if an extra $50 or so would be worth the switch.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dave
headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:39 PM   #2

headhunter66 wrote:
Quote:
I've been wanting to get a printer for CD printing andI already own a Canon i860. I am very happy with the Canon and must say I never was satisfied with my other Epsons (Photo 750 and Photo 820). I'm stationed in Germany and I see the new Canon's have the CD printing feature but since the printers are only 220v I would not be able to take it back to the states when I leave. So, I was thinking of getting something like the Epson 200 just for the CD feature but I was curious to know if the r320 is noticeable better than the i860? If I'm going to spend $60-80 I may as well see if an extra $50 or so would be worth the switch.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dave

The printers bought from the UK through expansys.com worked just fine in the states. But If you don't feel comfortable jacking in your printer the we're talking $25.00 or so for the power supply from canon. None of these were the i865 or i965, so one would have to check the voltage from the power supply, or talk to canon about getting another power supply. Alternativly speaking you can enable cd printing on an american i860 with a few button presses and the detachable front piece and cd tray type a from yours, both would fit in a suitcase very well.

In theory the i860 doesn't print CDs out of the box unless you get some extra parts, but I'll trust someone who actually lives in Germany to know more about this subject than my self. It might be possible that some i860s were suipped with the front piece and tray type a to print on CDS.

I can not reccomend the r300. People here will debate whether or not one is better than the other in terms of photo quality. The inks on the r200/300/320 are much more dence than the i860 and look good on most types of CD media where the canon you have to up the intensity so they don't look washed out on just about anything other than TDK. But from my experence the cd tray on the r200/r300 mucks up, and there are users who complain about catastrophic clogs. On a good day epsons require more maintance. The i860 has been out for some time now and is pretty much known to be a good egg.

Enclosed are the part numbers for the US power supply for the ip4000 for reference purposes.

QH2-2725-000 CORD, POWER, 100V-120V $1.36
QK1-1068-000 AC ADAPTER: 100V-120V 50/60HZ[align=right]$18.51[/align]
[align=left]Shipping [/align] [align=right]$5.00[/align]
[align=left]Total [/align] [align=right]$24.87[/align]

[align=center]Contributed by iSAWaUFO 15may2005[/align]

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 1:07 AM   #3

Thank you very much for the info, I guess I will go and take a closer look at the Canon's again.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Dave
headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote