Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 9, 2003, 3:43 PM   #1

Default Recommend a good printer/scanner

I am loving my new Fuji3800 and now need a good printer (I have burned pictures to CD created slide shows but never printed). I would also like a scanner because my mother-in-law had loads of old photos and I want to scan them, edit them and burn slideshows so all her kids can have them. Any recommendations?
cranfordrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 9, 2003, 6:46 PM   #2

I just bought a Canon i850 and absolutley love it ! The printer was reasonably priced: $229 in Canada- even cheaper in the U.S. If features ultra-fast print speeds and AMAZING photo quality prints. It can print borderless as well.

I think the printer will be very economical to run as well cause it only uses 4 ink tanks instead of 6-7 like many other photo printers do.

There are many glowing reviews for this printer on the net, including this site: http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_...anon_i850.html

I would strongly reccomend this printer !
welfaredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2003, 10:12 PM   #3

Epson Scanners and Canon Printers. Look at an Epson 1660 and a Canon S820. Also check the HP Photosmart series printers. These are more expensive to operate but have great print quality. Read the reviews on this site. Enjoy your Fuji.
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2003, 12:12 AM   #4

Actually Check out this site. www.outpost.com They had the epson 2400 scanner for 139 on sale.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2003, 2:47 AM   #5

If you are wanting a printer for photos you may want to look at the Canon i950. I just replaced my Epson 870 with the new Canon and am completely impressed with it. Easy set up and excellent reults in the first printing tests. Frye's has them in stock.
Mike Haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2003, 11:18 AM   #6

Default epson scanner $139.00?

I checked at outpost for the epson 2400 scanner, they have it, but not for $139.00. Is there some kind of special coupon code or something?
teppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2003, 1:39 AM   #7

It was 139 about a week ago. I dont think its on sale anymore.

Also if you are willing to spend the money epson is releasing thier new 3200x6400 optical resolution scanner next month. The pricepoint is supposed to be 399 but if you want a film scanner it can't be beat. a 3.4 Dmax vs the 2.9 on the 2400.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2003, 6:52 AM   #8

Default scanner

Actually, I really don't want to spend that much. I have an HP 6200, but am trying to create profiles in Profile Prism with no sucess. I have a S9000 and every profile I create for Photo Paper Pro, the skin tones have a yellowish appearance. Very ugly! I was thinking that maybe its my outdated 3 year old scanner causing the trouble. I can't seem to get any help. Profile Prism tells me that my profiles are good and the other colors are good in my prints. My monitor seems to be well calibrated too. This was one last ditch effort to try to justify keeping the software. I have a bid on ebay for the Epson perfection 1660 for $100.00. Just a couple of hours left, maybe I'll get lucky. I hope this will be a good scanner to print the targets.
teppy is offline   Reply With Quote