Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 24, 2005, 5:02 PM   #1

Canon i865 - running Win XP SP2

I want to print booklet with A5 pages on A4 paper. The duplex box is not available to tick - only the duplex unit box (but I don't have a duplex unit). The instructions it gives is to cancel printing and untick the duplex unit box and it should print duplex manually - but it doesn't. It prints the pages in booklet order but prints the whole lot on one side of the paper whatever I try.

Any ideas please?

zender is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2005, 6:48 PM   #2

Select Duplex Printing before selecting Booklet Printing. The Duplex box will grey out but stay ticked. Then Landscape, B5 on A4 paper and the printer will do one side then prompt you to reload paper so it can do other side.
Paul_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2005, 4:55 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply Paul_D - I thoughtI had triedyour suggestion but I tried it again and it still churns out the pages in booklet order, but the whole lot without stopping and telling me to turn the paper over.The only way I can find to do it is to take the first half of the booklet out, put the second half in again (on the reverse of the paper) and print the whole lot againwith the original first half behindthe original second half!! (again with reversed paper). This means that I get two complete booklets - but it's a lot of fiddling about when you'd think that the printer or software would do it automatically.

I tried Canon's techie helpline today and they said it can't be done without the Duplex unit {about £68} but the woman I spoke to didn't soundcompletelysure.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 6:28 PM   #4

Do you get the greyed out duplex box still with the tick?

I have done this from MS Word, not that the application should matter.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 5:49 PM   #5

Yes, the greyed out box was still ticked. I tried from MS Word and also from Serif Page Plus and got the same result both times. I've also tried downloading the latest driver for the i865 and uninstalling and re-installing it. Everything works fine apart from this.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 12:00 AM   #6

All I can say is that it can/should work, I've just tried it again OK. XP SP2 &i865