Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 12, 2003, 1:50 AM   #1

Default Color Profile software

I was wondering if we could list the color profile softwares out there and make a sticky post with links to all of them. OR possibly if steve could do some reviews for us. I have a feeling that color profile software over the next couple of years will be a growing industry. I think here would be a good place to start it at a place that consumers and amature photographers can see and use.

Those of you that have experience with color profile software please list links and personal opinions.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2003, 5:28 AM   #2
NHL

You got to start with the basic http://www.colorvision.com/home.html first @ the PC monitor. They usually have a sale and is extremely easy to use!

... and then its limitless from here: http://www.pantone.com/
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2003, 9:39 AM   #3

Default are you crazy?

Spectro Suites over $1,000.00 just to set the color on a monitor, not going to spend that and neither is a home shutter bug i bet. That thing cost more than most peoples computers these days, I'll stick with Adobe gamma utilitie. Adobe Gamma utiltie works fine if you take the time to adjust it after setting it once. You set it the way it tells you then look at the colors and go back and fine toon and it's free. Does a pretty good job too, kind of like fine tooning them speech programs just takes more than one shot.
PhotoMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2003, 11:12 AM   #4

Default Re: are you crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoMenace
Spectro Suites over $1,000.00 just to set the color on a monitor, not going to spend that and neither is a home shutter bug i bet. That thing cost more than most peoples computers these days, I'll stick with Adobe gamma utilitie. Adobe Gamma utiltie works fine if you take the time to adjust it after setting it once. You set it the way it tells you then look at the colors and go back and fine toon and it's free. Does a pretty good job too, kind of like fine tooning them speech programs just takes more than one shot.
Exactly we are looking for stuff that is reasonably priced for the consumer.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote