Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 1, 2005, 4:48 PM   #1

Hey guys,

Just wanted to see if this is a known problem or how to fix it, I have just installed new cartridges into the Epson r200. Now the ink light is red and online button is green. I have checked Epson's website, and went through the troubleshooting and it says either replace the cartridges or they are not supported when I know they are. I was just using them.

Well any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Qu1k

Qu1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2005, 5:18 PM   #2

** Fixed the problem **

Although there is another issue, when i print on the back of the paper will leave ink and a bit on the front, think there might be ink on the rollers will attached a picture, anyway to clean it or any instructions with pictures to show me how to do it.

Thanks,

Greatly apprciated.

Attached Images

Old Nov 1, 2005, 6:16 PM   #3

Certainly looks like ink has been/is leaking somewhere.

Clean all the parts of the paper path you can reach with a lint-free cloth (damped with water or alcohol but not wet enough to drip), then run a sheet of absorbent paper through the printer until there are no more marks showing.

If the problem recurs, look for a poorly seated cartridge allowing ink to leak (always make sure they're pushed firmly home when changing) -- or for the heads touching the platen area during initialisation (this will probably also be smearing the print, so you'd know it's happening.)
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 6:55 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply Idle,

So far I have cleaned the rollers, and wiped down the inside of the printer, what would u recommend for absorbent paper? (in the picture the part which is under the cartridges is what I wiped down?)

I have checked to make sure the cartridges are in firmly and secure, and they are, how would i check/fix if the head is touching?

Thanks for the help,

Qu1k
Attached Images

Old Nov 2, 2005, 6:22 AM   #5

Just run some copy paper through and see if there are still marks -- any ink you didn't mop up should have dried by now.

Best thing when it's still wet would probably be a sheet of blotting paper -- office suppliers should still have it...

My R310 can have the printhead clearance adjusted from the control panel -- don't know about the R200, its controls are different.

The manual should tell you how, if it can be done at all.

BTW, those refillable cartridges you're using look suspiciously like the cheap single-tank variety without internal surge buffering.

If they are, their outlet-to-head seals ("O" rings) are often very suss (particularly if they're filled to capacity) -- this could be the source of your leak.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote