Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 7, 2005, 1:13 PM   #1

I know what printable DVD's I like and what photopaper I like but need some paper for graphics. I have plain paper which is fine for text but graphics look dull and lifeless.

So what kind of paper should I try, laserjet paper, coated paper,high resolution,there must be something better then plain paper?

Costco, best buy, circuit city, office depot & Office Max, walmart, compusa, etc.

Lots of stores around here.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2005, 1:24 PM   #2

I use staples brand photo plus gloss paper its on sale this week for $5.94 for 30 sheets.If you have an empty ink cartrige they will give you $3.00 off.I use it for dvd cover art and it looks better than the original.
paiger651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 3:35 AM   #3

For high quality, as you know, you'll have to pay a lot for glossy, heavyweight(150g/sq.m) paper. In the UK, the cheapest reasonable stuff is about 0.30 to 0.50 ukpounds for an A4 sheet.

However, I find that excellent photographic results (and therefore superb charts & graphs) can be printed on much lighter weight (120g/sq.m) matt inkjet paperavailable from most outlets for around 0.06 ukpounds, i.e., one-fifth of the price.

The cheapest plain all-purpose paper round here is about 0.005 ukpounds per A4 sheet.

Good luck,

Alan T
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 12:45 PM   #4

I like RedRiver Premium Matte (32 pound) http://www.redrivercatalog.com/brows...amp;prod=3.htm

Their Zepplin is much heavier, but works very nicely
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 1:05 PM   #5

Next time you are in Wal-Mart pick up a can of their clear spray paint at a buck a can. It brings out the colors nicely on things like plain paper and index stock.

You can't let the spray soak into the paper since printing is subtractive and uses the white from the paper. Sweep the spray from a foot or so away and don't push the button with the can aimed at the paper. Try it out on a color ad or color cartoons from the newspaper – the improvement is dramatic.

I made business cards for all of the officers and committee heads of a club I belong to. I used a light beige index stock. The spray made them beautiful with the added advantage of keeping the ink from being affected by sweaty hands.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 6:13 PM   #6

I have done quite a few graphic jobs for a variety of businesses. For ink jet printing of graphics I have found that a type of paper called Presentation paper workes really well. It comes in a variety of weights and is made by several different companies. I have used this type of paper for cd liners, cassette covers for example. It quite often comes in 95 bright and even the cheapest (none were all that inexpensive though) seemed to have one side slightly smoother than the other. Presentation paper has very low bleed so contrast is very good though not as good as mylar photo paper and are very smudge resistant
n1qaw is offline   Reply With Quote