Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 9, 2005, 7:33 AM   #1

Hi all,

I've spent a lot of time looking at the Epson C86 printer of late and found that Epson have just steam rolled through the new D88 printer in its wake, pretty much cutting off all supply of the older unit.

My main interest is in respect of the ability to use refilled and/or Continuous Ink with the new D88 unit as the cartridges appear to be different and are likely to use a different chip, etc... to the C86 and C84 units.

Can anyone shed any light on this at all?

Thanks in advance for any assistance or info...

Martin
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2005, 12:57 PM   #2
JPL

Are you talking about the C88 ?

Yes, the C88 uses the new DURAbrite Ultra ink. The ink suppose to look better on glossy photo paper. The old Durabrite was used for Matte and plain paper.

The new ink does use a different chip in the cartridge.
JPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 1:17 PM   #3

JPL wrote:
Quote:
Are you talking about the C88 ?

Yes, the C88 uses the new DURAbrite Ultra ink. The ink suppose to look better on glossy photo paper. The old Durabrite was used for Matte and plain paper.

The new ink does use a different chip in the cartridge.
Hi,

I forgot to update this thread as there's 4 of them dotted about, asking for the same info...

Turns out that the C88 is the USA version of the UK D88... or at least that's how it's looking so far.

I'll be interested to see how the chip changes affect things but from what I've heard so far the C88 will still use a CIS auto-reset chip from MIS associates and Ink Republic have already said they're testing the D88 themselves.

I'll update this thread once my own unit arrives and I've had a chance to test it out myself though...

Thanks for the info JPL
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote