Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 16, 2005, 3:20 PM   #21

Quote:
The cloth strip head cleaning method is simple enough -- you cut a suitable strip of lint-free cloth, wet it with Windex or nozzle cleaning fluid, lay it carefully along the bed of the printer, move the carriage along until you can pick up each end and just pull it to and fro under the heads like a strip of sandpaper.

ok i think i understand..so i need basically a long piece of lint free cloth..and i put it on the bed of the printer where the rollers are near..

how do i move the carriage to the middle so i can pull up both ends of the lint-free cloth?
Kenjii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 6:51 PM   #22

To the left of the head carriage, behind the guide rail and below the transport belt, you'll see a small white plastic clip -- this is the carrriage lock.

With the tip of a small screwdriver or something, slightly raise this and you can move the carriage by hand.

Alternatively, move the heads to the cartridge change position and pull the power plug (or switch off at the wall) -- the carriage will now be free.

Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 10:36 PM   #23

I did your method. i cleaned it like 4 times with 4 different strips and mostly got alot of black from doing so.

i did a nozzle check and had some spots so ran a clean cycle then it was fine.

printed a test photo. still have the lines in the brown areas and shading. although like i said they are small

I am hoping when i installl my CIS again the lines dont get bigger
Old Nov 18, 2005, 12:36 AM   #24

I'm starting to wonder if the lines are perhaps a combination of your printer settings and the media.

As an instance, I had a sample pack of glossy paper arrive with a magazine the other day.

Printed a photo that comes up very nicely on the paper I've been using and didn't like the result at all -- all the highlights look washed out, so I'd have to spend quite a bit of time, effort and ink getting it right.

I recall seeing a problem similar to yours on another forum some time ago -- the poster switched to another ink and that fixed it.

I really think you've gone through just about everything you can on the mechanical side, and apparently your nozzle checks are OK (I suppose you've checked the print alignment?)

Re getting mostly black when cleaning the heads -- this is what I'd expect, the colours when mixed make a sort of muddy looking black.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 9:13 AM   #25

Well ive been using the same media and settings. (kirkland photo glossy paper)

and photo glossy paper, best photo

settings.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 9:36 PM   #26

Have you tried experimenting with some of the other settings?

Instance: I get the best results on the paper I've been using with Photo Glossy, Best Photo, Photo Enhance -- but on the sample pack I received that setting wasn't at all nice.

Didn't cause lines, tho' — just washed-out highlights.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 4:08 PM   #27

hi Idle! i got to put in my new cartridges i got with my CIS...and the problem is minimized to the really small lines like it was with my epson cartridges..so i dont think im going to fuss with it since its not nearly as bad as before. i think the lint free cloth trick helped as well.

So thank you for all your help with me on this issue
Old Nov 22, 2005, 6:15 PM   #28

You're welcome!

Only sorry I couldn't really solve the problem for you.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 7:29 PM   #29

Have you tried removing the print head and setting it in a dish of ammonia????

I dont experience lines with photopaper but I do notice very small lines when printing DVD's with my r200.I think that's just how it prints.That is why I print my disks on my r800.I use the r200 for coverart only but never notice any lines.

Plump

plumpkatt1 is offline   Reply With Quote