Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 11, 2005, 8:30 PM   #1

Does anyone know if Epson, Canon,or HP makes a printer that will allow you to disable color printing. I don't print any color with my all in one printer, butI have to keep buying color printer cartridges because theprinter won't print when the cartridge expiration date arrives. It won't print when the cartridge drys out either. would like to get a new all in one printer to replace my HP
jrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2005, 10:15 PM   #2

to jrott,

First, if you don't want color at all, you might be far better off with a monochrome laser.
You don't have to worry about ink cartridges drying out, you get far better consumable costs economy, and there is a wide variety of models that might suit your needs in either a printer only or multifuntional model configeration.
Osage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 4:03 AM   #3

The Canon MP780 is the most economical multifunction on the market today. It uses the non-chipped BCI- 6 non chipped cartridges. The cartridges refill extreamely easy and cheap aftermarket cartridges are everywhere if you do not want to refill. The best part is that you are not a slave to a $70-$80 set of patented cartridgesl.There are cheaper multifunctions out there but you quickly loose your savings when you have to replace $70 sets of cartridges. The Epson RX500 is my top choice for a multifunction for photos.

BOB_DOWELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 4:55 PM   #4
JPL

That's the problem with inkjet printers.

You must have some ink in all cartridges to prevent air bubbles into the ink delivery system. These air bubbles will cause poor print quality and can damage the print head.

There's several low cost monochrome laser printers on the market. A laser printer may be the better solution for your needs.
JPL is offline   Reply With Quote