Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 12, 2005, 1:06 AM   #1

I just bought an R800 and have everything on my PC properly calibrated. I also have a friend who has a R2400, also calibrated. I had him print out a few test targets just so that I could compare color calibration and quality of my R800.
4x6 color prints of the same test targets on my printer was pretty much dead on in terms of color3, a minute difference here or there, but nothing that would make you want to re-calibrate everything.
Now, the kicker. My printouts are showing slight horizontal banding in some areas of the test targets. I am seeing it in the reds, light greens, and some flesh colors. I am not sure if this a printer problem and is just something that is different between the r800 and the r2400 or any other printer, hence the differnece in cost/quality, or perhaps I am doing something wrong before printing.
I have the latest driver installed, and I am using the ICC profiles provided by Epson. I am letting Photoshop CS2 handle color managing, using ICM and tiurning off color mgmt in the Epson driver software. I am also 100% sure that I am chooing the correct ICC profile for printing and choosing the correct paper type, paper size for printing. I am NOT using "High Speed Printing", and I am selecting "Photo"..NOT "Best Photo". I have heard that there is no discernable differnece between the two to the naked eye. This is the same process / settings I used on the R2400 at my friend's house to print the test targets. I even performed a "print head alignment", which then yielded a bit better result, but the issues remains.

Any clues what is going on here? I would say that 90% of the rest of the test target printout content is spot on with my buddy's r2400 output in terms of quality.
Another question: Is it OK to remove the print cartridge after it has been installed and then place it back in again?
[align=center][REPLY][/align]
rblancojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2005, 8:30 AM   #2

You can try this to remove banding, it works for some people.

http://www.inkrepublic.com/members/nozzle/index.asp

RoseLoyd is offline   Reply With Quote