Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 12, 2005, 7:33 PM   #1

hi there im a newbie to this...recently after nearly 2 years of printing without any probs whatsoever my r300 has finally givin me the ''need a service'' message..''it says one of the parts has come to the end of its service life..doesnt say which one convieniently....after reading the post on re routing the ink waste pipe out the little trap door at the back and running the sscserve tool..was wondering before i do this...is it best to leave my inks in..(only got 2 prints from my new cartridges before it gave up on me and would prefer not to have to bin them and buy more)..or to take em out and put them back in after resetting things???? i figured i might aswell try this method first to see if it fixes my prob..if not..its off to buy a new one (well a r200 - 220) prob be about the same price as a service and parts...(59.99(uk) for a r220)..sounds reasonable if i cant fix it

cheers

stu

mega brill fab the dogs bollocks of a forum..mucho bowing and general praise worshiping shenannigans..wast thou sent from the heavens above?
stu8975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2005, 11:55 PM   #2

No need to remove carts -- just install the waste tank, reset the printer, move fifty quid from right pocket to left and thumb your nose at Mr Epson...
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 7:30 AM   #3

Idle wrote:
Quote:
No need to remove carts -- just install the waste tank, reset the printer, move fifty quid from right pocket to left and thumb your nose at Mr Epson...
lads i have a r300 iam having major problems with the black ink , it wont print, ive changed ink done the head cleans all the usual crap, can any body help it is not showing anyblack inkat all on the print out but it is showin ink cartridge full please email me at billo_73@hotmail.com cheers fellas
billo_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:42 PM   #4

That could be anything from a bad clog to a failed head.

Did black printing become erratic before it failed (signs of ink supply drying up — clog or air bubble), or did it just switch off (might be an electrical/electronic problem)?

Can also be a print head circuit fault -- try (very carefully) cleaning the contacts where the cartridge chip meets the carriage in case the write instruction just isn't getting through (although, thinking about it, I doubt the chip has much to do with actual printing — if the machine knows it has a full cartridge, that part should be OK.)

Do this with great care -- if you bend one you're in strife.

What do you get when you print black text only?

If it's a blank page with no ink marks at all, my guess is either a circuit problem, a failed head or total flow blockage (total blockage is unusual and rarely sudden -- there'll be gradual failure as the ink in the head runs out.)

If you think it's only a bad clog you can try pushing ammonia-based cleaner through the head with a syringe (don't push too hard — heads are ceramic and easily broken) — then leave it at least overnight before re-priming.

Note the SSC utility lets you prime just the offending head, which is better than the Epson system.

If it proves to be a circuit fault about all you can do is go over all plug-in connections and make sure they're clean and tight — professional service is usually too expensive for lower-end equipment, which is why bins all over the world are full of cheap inkjets.

Idle is offline   Reply With Quote