Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 14, 2005, 1:43 AM   #1

After printing many dvd's i seem to get the position correct, but it seems there is a thin white line going all around the print still. CD label doesnt let me set it to 119mm outside, but i know nero does. Is there a way around this without messing with nero? If i have to mess with nero, how do i translate the top/left coordinates of "cd label print" to the nero coordinates?
MrX8503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:48 AM   #2

Are you using verbatim disc, that is the only brand I have A problem with this they use 119mm instead of 118mm.I have not been able to set the cd label print past 118mm either.Have you tryed the disco software it will let you expand past 118mm I may purchase it.

GOOD LUCK
paiger651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 12:23 PM   #3

paiger651 wrote:
Quote:
Are you using verbatim disc, that is the only brand I have A problem with this they use 119mm instead of 118mm.I have not been able to set the cd label print past 118mm either.Have you tryed the disco software it will let you expand past 118mm I may purchase it.

GOOD LUCK
I'm using taiyu yuden discs. I've never heard of disco software, i have been using cd label print.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 2:16 PM   #4

I have an epson r200 and r800.Both allow me to print a 20.. inner and 120 outer.
plumpkatt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 2:31 PM   #5

paiger651 wrote:
Quote:

GOOD LUCK
http://pixma.webpal.info/119mm/index.htm

Use Nero Cover Designer with those 119mm types. Click the link for a template and instructions.

KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:38 PM   #6

Ok i'm going to try the nero thing, but on cd label print i got it to a perfect measurments. The top is -.1mm and the left is -.4mm.

How do i translate these coordinates to the nero's position of X/Y?

If thats not possible, how do i read the x/y coordinates of nero?
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:12 AM   #7

MrX8503 wrote:
Quote:
Ok i'm going to try the nero thing, but on cd label print i got it to a perfect measurments. The top is -.1mm and the left is -.4mm.

How do i translate these coordinates to the nero's position of X/Y?

If thats not possible, how do i read the x/y coordinates of nero?
The pictures show the x and y settings, you will probably have todo some test prints. I recommend taking one dvd and use black only in a circle {draft mode}and then adjusting the x and y until they perfectly aligned.

Old Nov 15, 2005, 8:50 PM   #8

Sorry,that should have been spelled (DISCUS) LABEL SOFTWARE.

paiger651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 1:22 AM   #9

how does discus compare to the other free programs because i see that discus is $40.

As of right now nero is a nightmare to get the coordinates right. I did test prints to align just the inner ring, but when i did a full print, the outer ring was off. wtf
Old Nov 17, 2005, 4:24 AM   #10

MrX8503 wrote:
Quote:
how does discus compare to the other free programs because i see that discus is $40.

As of right now nero is a nightmare to get the coordinates right. I did test prints to align just the inner ring, but when i did a full print, the outer ring was off. wtf
I design mine in Nero and then print with cd label print.

Attached Images