Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 16, 2005, 8:37 PM   #1

Thanks to all the info on this forum, I've modded my US version IP5000 to print CDs. I think everything has worked out correctly, I've loaded the European driver, modded the firmware to show CD tray as a destination, and made a nice tray. I ran the alignment test on the new CD tray, and everything worked fine. In BJ printer utility, I can see "CD-R tray B" as an option under 'paper size' in the paper allocation window. I'm running Macintosh OS 10.3.3

Within CD-Label Print, "CD-R tray B" is an option under 'paper size' in page setup. However, when I try to print, I get a dialogue box which tells me to "--Select the following size for "Paper Size": CD-R tray. -- Select Length for "Orientation" and set "Scale" to 100%."

I then click OK, which opens up Page set-up which in fact is already set to these settings. I click OK, and get a dialogue box which warns me, "The Paper Settings are not correct. Please check the paper size, magnification ratio, and the paper orientation". The only choices offered are 'cancel' or 'settings'; 'settings' leads me back to the page set-up window, where I once again choose IP5000 as the printer, CD-R tray as paper size, length as orientation, and 100% for scale. I click OK, and get the same warning dialogue box that my paper settings are not correct. This repeats in an endless circle until I hit 'cancel', and stop trying to print.

What am I doing wrong?

Zack
Zack23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2005, 1:06 AM   #2

Zack23 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks to all the info on this forum, I've modded my US version IP5000 to print CDs. I think everything has worked out correctly, I've loaded the European driver, modded the firmware to show CD tray as a destination, and made a nice tray. I ran the alignment test on the new CD tray, and everything worked fine. In BJ printer utility, I can see "CD-R tray B" as an option under 'paper size' in the paper allocation window. I'm running Macintosh OS 10.3.3

Within CD-Label Print, "CD-R tray B" is an option under 'paper size' in page setup. However, when I try to print, I get a dialogue box which tells me to "--Select the following size for "Paper Size": CD-R tray. -- Select Length for "Orientation" and set "Scale" to 100%."

I then click OK, which opens up Page set-up which in fact is already set to these settings. I click OK, and get a dialogue box which warns me, "The Paper Settings are not correct. Please check the paper size, magnification ratio, and the paper orientation". The only choices offered are 'cancel' or 'settings'; 'settings' leads me back to the page set-up window, where I once again choose IP5000 as the printer, CD-R tray as paper size, length as orientation, and 100% for scale. I click OK, and get the same warning dialogue box that my paper settings are not correct. This repeats in an endless circle until I hit 'cancel', and stop trying to print.

What am I doing wrong?

Zack

Are you using cd label print 1.30: http://files.filefront.com/CD_LabelP.../fileinfo.html
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 7:30 AM   #3

Thanks so much for the reply! Yup, using CD-LabelPrint v.1.30 solved the problem. I had been using v1.0, which I downloaded following the link at the Pixma CD printing FAQ at http://pixma-faq.periastron.com/5.html. Perhaps someone could update the link, since v1.0 clearly has a serious bug.

One other question. Following instructions at various places on this forum and in the FAQ, I made a CD tray out of cardboard using an upper layer that is slightly thicker than a CD (It's a bit thicker than 1.1mm) and a bottom layer made out of thinner cereal-box cardboard. It seems to work very well: printing is neat and there are no unusual noises during printing. However, the top surface of the tray is slightly higher (maybe 0.4mm) than the surface of the CD. Is there any chance of damaging the printhead when printing near the edge of the CD?

Thanks,
Zack

Zack23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 7:35 PM   #4

Default CD-Label Print problem with printing on iP5200R using version 1.5.0

I have been using CD-Label Print version 1.3 with no problems for some time now, but all of a sudden I am experiencing the same problems faced by Zack back in 2005:
"I then click OK, which opens up Page set-up which in fact is already set to these settings. I click OK, and get a dialogue box which warns me, "The Paper Settings are not correct. Please check the paper size, magnification ratio, and the paper orientation". The only choices offered are 'cancel' or 'settings'; 'settings' leads me back to the page set-up window, where I once again choose IP5000 as the printer, CD-R tray as paper size, length as orientation, and 100% for scale. I click OK, and get the same warning dialogue box that my paper settings are not correct. This repeats in an endless circle until I hit 'cancel', and stop trying to print.
What am I doing wrong?"
Zack[/QUOTE]

The solution for Zack back then was to upgrade from an older version to version 1.3. Figuring that I should update, I installed version 1.5, but the problem is persisting. Can anyone help me please? (Using Mac 10.5.8)
Thank you.
"meljaye"
meljaye is offline   Reply With Quote