Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 22, 2005, 6:48 PM   #1

I had a Pixma 8500. I sold that because I got into photography and wanted to print larger pictures as portraits. I bought the Canon i990 because it takes 13 x 19" photo paper. I can't find a picture frame to mount it in. Even if I print the portrait at 12 x 18" I still can';t find a frame.

I was told to get a larger frame and put a mat around the picture but I don't know how to do that. Does anyone know of an internet store that sells 13 x 19" frames?

Why would a printer company sell paper that you can't find a frame for? If they made the paper 14 x 18" I could get all kinds of frames for the portraits. I am all confused!!!

Thanks,

Tony
Tonyv49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2005, 10:57 AM   #2

There are companies that sell frame kits that you buy pairs where each kit has only two sides. That lets you mix and match sizes. Here is an on-line example

http://www.frameusa.com/uframe.htm

Note, this was a result of a quick search. I have not bought this brand of frame.

You still need to get a piece of glass custom cut to fit the frame. Note that if you frame the picture without a mat, it will touch the glass. You may find the ink sticking to the glass if you try to remove it later.

Ken
kenww is offline   Reply With Quote