Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 24, 2003, 11:59 AM   #1

Default Dried up Printer nozzle ports

Is there any cure for a printer cartridge that has apparently dried up. I have a Lexmark Z33 color printer that I have not used for a while. The ink cartridges are full, but are not working and I am assuming the nozzle ports are dried up. I have tried the cleaning function through the computer to no avail. Any other ideas. For what these printers cost today, I am almost faced with the option of throwing this one out and buying a new one vs buying replacement cartridges (so I am willing to try almost anything with this printer. I have only used it a few times.)
Thanks for any suggestions,
Ken
kcohen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2003, 1:13 PM   #2

Default TRy this before ya throw it out

In a small plate put some water & acohol a 50/50 solution would be ok & soak do it over night then dry it off with paper tisue (something like Bounty) would be ok, Then reinstall in the printer, this works most of the time, unless of course the electronics are screwed. THis might even work after only 20 minutes or so.
Remember NOT to soak the whole cartridge, just the bottom were the ink comes out .Just put about 1/8" or so deep, of the solution on the plate and make sure the electronics or not in the solution.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2003, 8:53 PM   #3

Default Just Wondering

kcohen1, did the message I wrote work for you.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote