Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 26, 2003, 10:16 PM   #11

>>I don't think that opening the top and taking out a cartridge is a good way to check ink levels<<

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting taking the cartridges out to check them, just open the top and look :-)

OK, so the cyan cartridge is a little hard to see as its in the middle (between the black and the magenta), but with good lighting or a small flashlight (depending where you have your printer sitting) helps a lot :-)

But of course if you have your printer networked or in another room, you'd have to rely on the low ink warning.

- Ivan
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2003, 4:44 PM   #12

Hi, my I850 ink warning is now coming on when I print, the black ink tank resevoir is empty apart from what's in the sponge so there has been no actual ink remaining type indication only that it's empty.

It's only taken me 3 weeks to empty it and the colour tanks are all quite low as well, but given that a full set of 4 original Canon tanks costs less than 25 ($38) it's a lot cheaper than my previous HP959, that was 38 ($58) just for the colour tank!. I have done quite a bit of priting with it, at least 100 A4 sheets at about 50% to 80% coverage (mostly on draft setting) and about a dozen A4 borderless prints on top quality using Ilford Gallerie glossy & matt, I have to say I'm very impressed with the quality, even prints using draft mode on good quality matt paper are quite well saturated with colour.
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote