Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 5, 2005, 4:57 PM   #1

I would appreciate any information available from a member on adapting the Epson R1800 to an external Waste Ink Tank. I have done the mod on my R300 with the CIS. Friend just bought a new R1800. I recommended he make the external tank mod asap. I do not know the layout of the R1800 as far as the little rear door like the R300. If you have the info can you e-mail to me at tmcnevin@knology.net. Thanks.
tmcnevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2005, 7:05 AM   #2

tmcnevin wrote:
Quote:
I would appreciate any information available from a member on adapting the Epson R1800 to an external Waste Ink Tank. I have done the mod on my R300 with the CIS. Friend just bought a new R1800. I recommended he make the external tank mod asap. I do not know the layout of the R1800 as far as the little rear door like the R300. If you have the info can you e-mail to me at tmcnevin@knology.net. Thanks.
I don't have access to an R1800 but given that the layout for most Epsons seems to be similar you could try removing the right side cover unit and then look for the waste pump tube.

If it helps the instructions for the C84 - D88 are here and may provide clues:
http://www.allthefaqs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3769

Oh and just to note, there are usually clips inside the case that need to be tripped to get the printer housing off at the sides.. It's worth checking around to see where those are with the help of a flashlight and a mirror to see inside the unit.

Hope that helps...
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 3:33 PM   #3

Yep, here they are. Mike says a head clean run shows the ink running down the tubes toward the rear. That would be the two tubes on the right. Perhaps the 8 color system requires two tubes for all that waste ink. I have already dumped my waste ink container three times. I use the Matrix Ink CIS so a total refill of 4oz 120cc for all 6 colors only costs $47 so I can allow for a little loss. They also came out with the pointed tip refill bottles so do not have to mess with the needles any longer.
Attached Images

tmcnevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:27 AM   #4

I am using InkRepublic R1800 CIS and followed their instruction to install an external waste ink tank.
it should work for you too:
http://www.inkrepublic.com/Knowledge...00WasteInk.asp

it is good for epson R800, R1800 and R2400
williamlymperis is offline   Reply With Quote