Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 9, 2006, 3:41 PM   #11

jonesyone1 wrote:
Quote:
what is a waste ink tank and where can i get one:?
I've used one of those little bottles that you get foam soap in. Just take the top off and then take the tube out of the pump screw the top back on, now make a small holl in the side of the bottle for the tube from teh printer to go into- there ya got it !!
highroyds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:35 PM   #12

:-)Thank you so very much!!! This procedure was fantastic. I have had one R300 before and only after 15 months it gave the notorious message. I did not know what to do so I called Epson and I received a good refurbished unit free of charge but had to return the old "non-functioning" unit. I printonly of 4x6 pictures on Premium Glossy Paper and I had the refurbished unit only seven months before the familiar "service required; parts are the end of their service life" appeared again. You truly saved my day from utter frustration. Many thanks.
Pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2006, 11:46 AM   #13

i have a r 300 as well and i can't seem to get the counter to reset it ask if you change the waste pad and i answered yes and it said "resetted" for real spelled that way and all, but when i go to print i still get the message, parts inside your etc. thanks for any help kirk:angry:
Dieseldadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 9:41 AM   #14

well i just kept playing with it and it finally resetted
thanks kirk
Dieseldadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:16 AM   #15

OMG!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! I just ran the gauntlet with Epson Tech Support *and* Customer Service over the phone with absolutely no success!!! Your reset worked!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

katrylle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 4:42 PM   #16

thanx 4 the advice m8 thought i was gonna have to shell out some dosh there nice one and much appreciated
brunelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 11:05 AM   #17

Thought I would keep this thread fresh. :-) I just tried waste mod and worked perfectly! So did the 3-button reset method. Also found the SSC Utility and am SOOO HAPPY!! Customer service is a joke and the lady I spoke with barely understood english! What a joke.

But as you see in picture, I actually drilled a hole next to the retaining screw so that the slope of the tube would keep going down instead of up. Not that it would matter I was just wondering if the ink was pooling in the tube a little if it would dry before the next cleaning and then build up.
Attached Images

tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:28 PM   #18

Thanks for the tip. After talking to tech support and the local service center, I learned I was a few months beyond warranty, and would have to pay a flat $60 labor plus $20 to $30 parts, plus tax to get my printer going. Told 'em I'd rather buy a new printer. This is the best solution!!! Thanks again!
Tortoiseandhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 5:31 AM   #19

Quote:
"
Quote:
But as you see in picture, I actually drilled a hole next to the retaining screw so that the slope of the tube would keep going down instead of up. Not that it would matter I was just wondering if the ink was pooling in the tube a little if it would dry before the next cleaning and then build up.

It doesn't give any trouble -- My printer has been running as set up in the original picture for nearly 2 years now, and the tube coming out higher up is much more convenient.

Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2006, 4:33 AM   #20

is the external waste ink tank also applicable for epson stylus c45?

how is it done?:?

thank you!:lol:
epsonerror is offline   Reply With Quote