Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 24, 2006, 1:07 AM   #31

Idle
Thanks..Thanks.. for the valuable suggestion provided for restting waste ink pad. Since I am a newcomer in the forum and also not having vast knowledge about it, so before starting the practical work I would like to know the followings for my clear idea about the work :
1) The reason behind why the waste ink pad (cleaned and dried)is to be placed in the original position before using SSC utility for resetting, as I am not interested to use it further instead I will use seperate container for the waste ink.

2. Is it possible to use a seperate container for the waste ink in the place of ink pads instead of attaching it outside the printer? If not the theoritical reason may be explained for my future guidance and knowledge.

Further once again thanks for the reply and waiting for your valued opinion.
chayan_dastidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 1:55 AM   #32

Quote:
1) The reason behind why the waste ink pad (cleaned and dried)is to be placed in the original position before using SSC utility for resetting, as I am not interested to use it further instead I will use seperate container for the waste ink.

2. Is it possible to use a seperate container for the waste ink in the place of ink pads instead of attaching it outside the printer? If not the theoritical reason may be explained for my future guidance and knowledge.
1) Because the waste pump doesn't handle all the waste ink, only about 99.9% of it.
A small amount finds its own way down from the wiping pads to the printer base.

You don't want liquid ink sloshing around in the case.

2) If you can find one to fit -- and if you feel like dismantling the printer every time it fills up (and it will...) -- there's probably no reason you couldn't do it.

Also see the reply to 1) and put your thinking cap on...
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 2:34 AM   #33

Idle,
Kindly accept my congratulations for your valuable opinion. Regarding my querry No.2 it is very clear to me . If I take pain to dismentale the printer every times when filled up with ink otherwise there is no problem.Perhaps fitting the container outside the printer is most practical.Thanks.

But regarding my querry No.1 I am confused about it.If I take out the waste ink drain pipe outside the printer by making a hole on the printer and attaching a container on it then why it is necessary to refitt the waste ink pads in their own places before using the SSC utility for resetting the proctection counter.
Once again thanks and eagerly waiting for your opinion.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:57 AM   #34

Idle,
Finally I have resetted the waste ink overflow. Now everything is running alright. When printing work starts everything behaves like a good running condition of a printer , but finally the page cameout from the printer is completely blank . The reason not known to me. I have tried with head cleaning but the result is same. Please help in the matter and kindly guide how to take a "test print" from the printer itself.
Finally thanks for your advice.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 8:09 PM   #35

h
Quote:
but regarding my querry No.1 I am confused about it.If I take out the waste ink drain pipe outside the printer by making a hole on the printer and attaching a container on it then why it is necessary to refitt the waste ink pads in their own places before using the SSC utility for resetting the proctection counter.
I repeat: "1) Because the waste pump doesn't handle all the waste ink, only about 99.9% of it.
A small amount finds its own way down from the wiping pads to the printer base.

You don't want liquid ink sloshing around in the case."

Therefore you refit the pads, even though they won't be doing much thereafter.

Re your machine delivering blank pages, are you quite sure you didn't leave something disconnected when you reassembled it?

If it's not depositing any ink at all, either you have air bubbles or dried ink in all feed spikes and/or print heads (quite likely if you had the cartridges out whilst you did the work), all the cartridges are empty, the heads are not receiving their power pulses, all heads are damaged or something else is wrong that I can't think of for the moment.

To be quite honest, I wouldn't strip my R310 down that far if you paid me -- it's more than usually difficult to get these models running properly again without the factory jigs for realignment (some people are lucky, some are not.)

With older models I've even made a good working printer out of two faulty ones -- with these I wouldn't even try.

Old Oct 27, 2006, 2:34 PM   #36

Idle,
After going through the several head cleaning and nozzzle chek and finally I have tried to clear the clog of the printer head by applying Methylated Spirit to the head through the nozzle via a syringe for two days now I am able to print both in Black and colour. The quality of the printing is absolutely fine. Kindly accept my heartiest congratulation.
Thanks.................................
Old Jan 20, 2007, 6:11 PM   #37
srf

This site is fantastic. I used a medium sized pill bottle and drilled a 3/16 hole near the top . Then i attached it to the back with duct tape. Every six months I check it. So far it has been only 1/4 filled.

Is there any way I can print black when the printer says a color cartrige is out?
srf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 8:07 PM   #38

I don't think so — you might manage to over-ride it with the SSC utility — but be warned that running a print head dry can wreck it.

I wouldn't even attempt it.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 9:23 AM   #39

I have had my R300 for 6years to be honest it is not used as much as I would have liked to use it, mainly for printing onto printable DVD's only just in the past couple of weks it stopped working stating that the parts were worn out and is overdue serviceing as it has been such a faithful printer I trawled the internet and found this site, sorted out immediatly now looking to use it more often; 10-10 for the fix.
fred3928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 5:18 AM   #40

Thanks very Match

----------------------------------------
buy seroquel buy phentermine

Last edited by 52735; May 13, 2010 at 1:26 AM.
52735 is offline   Reply With Quote