Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 15, 2005, 6:49 PM   #11

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
-unrelated-
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...ddpwto210.html

Looks like there is a new version of cd-label print.. or at least I think it's a new version. It's in japanese though and not a nice well behaved unicode version... a poorly behaved shift-js non-unicode program. Stupid Canon.

Yeah I found that a about a month ago, but since it was in Japanese only, Ididn't mention it. I installed at the time and it appears to be pretty much the same as the current version except it is now called CD-Direct Print. But what I gathered from the other site was that they are selling additional content (themes & images) now online. I think maybe Canon is trying the concept in Japan first. That is really the only major difference I could see other than cosmetic.

CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 11:07 PM   #12

CanonFodder wrote:
Quote:

Yeah I found that a about a month ago, but since it was in Japanese only, Ididn't mention it. I installed at the time and it appears to be pretty much the same as the current version except it is now called CD-Direct Print. But what I gathered from the other site was that they are selling additional content (themes & images) now online. I think maybe Canon is trying the concept in Japan first. That is really the only major difference I could see other than cosmetic.

Well it's not so much an issue of it being in japanese... but it being shift_JS that really bugs me, not unicode. But actuallly shift_js does have it's advantages... it would be easier for one to hex edit into english.

According to what i've read the mp900 is tooting a feature of scan copy a cd, as in let's say you wanted a backup copy of john denver's greatest hits for your car... you could plop the disc on the scan bed and make a copy. I don't know if this is a feature of the software or the hardware.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 6:11 PM   #13

Tray D is now being sold on eBay.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:50 PM   #14

I have the IP6600D and the Type B tray. I've only printed onto about 10 DVD/CD's but have not had any problems.
toodvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 3:59 PM   #15

toodvus wrote:
Quote:
I have the IP6600D and the Type B tray. I've only printed onto about 10 DVD/CD's but have not had any problems.

Curious what method did you use for converting ?
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2005, 6:26 AM   #16

KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
Curious what method did you use for converting ?
I basically followed the instructions in the link below with thefew changes noted.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=40

I bought a type B tray from e-bay.

Since there isn't a resume button I've found that the Stop/Reset button performs the same function.

When I set the destination itchanged from US V1.02 to EUR V1.02.

I had already installed the drivers so I needed to change the registry key.

The alignment procedure for the IP6600D is not the same as posted in thatlink. MyCD/DVD prints come out centered so I haven't worried about it.I'm not surehow many key presses will get you into it.

toodvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2005, 5:33 PM   #17

toodvus wrote:
Quote:
I basically followed the instructions in the link below with thefew changes noted.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=40

I bought a type B tray from e-bay.

Since there isn't a resume button I've found that the Stop/Reset button performs the same function.

When I set the destination itchanged from US V1.02 to EUR V1.02.

I had already installed the drivers so I needed to change the registry key.

The alignment procedure for the IP6600D is not the same as posted in thatlink. MyCD/DVD prints come out centered so I haven't worried about it.I'm not surehow many key presses will get you into it.

Ah.. my work is sadly out of date... knightcrawler's page is more upto date as he's done much research into the ip4200. Most of that was written pre-september before the ip4200 was out, let alone the ip6600d. I believe also he has data on the mp500... perhaps even the mp900/950.
http://pixma.webpal.info/ {main page}
http://pixma.webpal.info/IP4200/index.htm {your printer}

Prior users on this forum (credits on pixma-faq.periastron.com) helped to crack the ip4000 and other x000... I and RJ... mostly RJ.... helped to crack the mp750/760/780 models where knightcrawler continued the project to document the newer models. I don't know the who's who as i've had other projects going on.

Additional: There is a resume button, it is the same as the stop button. It's the same one you've been using so it doesn't matter.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 10:42 PM   #18

Did anyone ever respond with a scan of the C tray?

I picked up a IP6600d around Christmas and I've just gotten around to modding it. The cardboard "B" tray is working but I'm getting occasional slipping on the rollers, making repeatabily a bit too low for my taste.

The driver is requesting th C tray, so I'd like to try different material and make it to the new trays spec.
rjwaldren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 1:46 AM   #19
jk3

not sure if it's still needed but here's a scan of Tray D.
Attached Images

jk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2011, 6:25 PM   #20

Funny enough, 6 years later there are people still using those stupid Pixma's and lacking of CD Trays. I borrowed Tray F from work and 'modified' it to work with MP800 as tray D. Worked a treat.
Using scan from previous post I figured out where shall the 'reflectors' be in Tray D and used bit of black paper to cover existing hole and 'bluetacked' two bits of foil into places shown.
PS. I of course used my MP800 to scan this one
Scan below:
Attached Images

hook2k is offline   Reply With Quote