Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 12, 2005, 2:24 AM   #1

People buying the MP800 notice that is has tray d listed instead of tray b or c. Also some users with the IP6600 which has tray c listed are having trouble printing when using tray B's they aquired off the eBay.

We need to find some Euro users who buy Cannon printers with Tray C or Tray D and have them scan them so we can see if there is a difference.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 12, 2005, 3:21 AM   #2

KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
People buying the MP800 notice that is has tray d listed instead of tray b or c. Also some users with the IP6600 which has tray c listed are having trouble printing when using tray B's they aquired off the eBay.

We need to find some Euro users who buy Cannon printers with Tray C or Tray D and have them scan them so we can see if there is a difference.

Some of the earier photographs submited to the big thread showed a slightly different tray design to that which i've physicaly seen... and i'm not talking tray type A type design. The different one that i've seen
http://pixma-faq.periastron.com/3.html

I forget who submited that and i'm too lazy to hit my credits list but if you'll look carefully you'll see reflector 4 just fore of the center hub is of the same style as the other reflectors, a 5.5mm square there and abouts. You'll also observe the fact there is an inlay for businesscard sized discs, not hockey ring but the retangular style. I have two trays and reflector 4 is an arc and there is no inlay for business card CDs.

This is totally suppisision but I imagine that a newer revision of CD tray might resolve issues people had with business card and hockey ring printing. basicly from what i've seen described using the qa-1117 adapter and a non circular disc doesn't completely cover up the arch sized reflector and printing ends up happening in the wrong spot. I've not tested this my self but i've seen enough people complain that it might be possible a change was needed so the printer doesn't get confused.

This is just a hypothesis... but worth looking into.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2005, 3:08 PM   #3

That doesn't really help zake, I really need a template of tray C and tray D.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 4:56 PM   #4

KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
That doesn't really help zake, I really need a template of tray C and tray D.
Do you? I thought that tray type B worked fine in models that request tray type C. Tray type D is new on me. I'm sure you're more in the loop than I am at this point as I've only don't research into models I own... as well as the wacky i865/i965 I stumbled across.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 7:53 PM   #5

It seems the IP6600 doesn't work to well with tray B at least one user is having problems getting it to accept it.

Tray D is in the drop down box for the MP800. No real feedback on that model yet though.

The 4200/5200 seems to be OK with Tray B.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 11:09 PM   #6

KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
It seems the IP6600 doesn't work to well with tray B at least one user is having problems getting it to accept it.

Tray D is in the drop down box for the MP800. No real feedback on that model yet though.

The 4200/5200 seems to be OK with Tray B.
Best I can do is put out my feelers. I'm a tad how shall we say under the weather at the moment to put it mildly. Much of my info in the past came from drunkerchannel
http://www.druckerchannel.de/ Not like anyone answered my bad deutch but I managed to scrape together some basic info on CD-Drucken/CD-Druck, as well as asking people directly for more info via e-mail... with bad deutch and semi-decent english.

-unrelated-
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...ddpwto210.html

Looks like there is a new version of cd-label print.. or at least I think it's a new version. It's in japanese though and not a nice well behaved unicode version... a poorly behaved shift-js non-unicode program. Stupid Canon.

Old Dec 12, 2005, 11:36 PM   #7

additional

http://cweb.canon.jp/manual/mp/mp500/mp500esidj.pdf

The best I can do presently is an illistration of tray type D on the japanese edition of the getting started guide. The only changes I can spot are the divvet location. 3 fore, three aft/mid, and two aft.

My tray type b has two fore, two aft mid followed by two more after mid, and two aft.

Old Dec 13, 2005, 6:50 AM   #8

I've been posting in any euro forums I can find. I see you already posted in the newsgroup so I didn't post there.

All we need is one guy with a Tray C and another with tray D.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 6:39 AM   #9

Nobody has helped yet, maybe I need to find better Euroforums.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 3:13 PM   #10

KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
Nobody has helped yet, maybe I need to find better Euroforums.
one "leed" on the tray type c
http://groups.google.com/group/comp....dc862c3b03e2d8
still waiting on Stick Stickus to get back to me.

No leeds on tray type D. Time to brush up on our german.

Scan-farbkopie Sie bitte Ihren CD-R/DVD Drucker Schlittens ab (tray d & tray type c).

Scan-colorcopy please their/your CD-R/DVD Printer Sled/tray off (tray d & tray type c)

I'm positive that tray is Schittens. farb is color, kopie is copy, and Drunker is printer... similar in concept to the printing press.... i.e. your printer is your household press.