Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 13, 2005, 3:25 PM   #1

I have found that waste ink can be redirected to an external bottle for Epson R210. I would like to know if this can be done on an R800. I can see the tubes (2) but they will not pull out easily and I dont want to force them.

Any clues.
kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2005, 3:47 PM   #2

all epson's printers can equip with an external waste ink bottle, check the details
http://www.inkrepublic.com/KnowledgeBase/WasteInk.asp

it does not show r800, but you can get an idea easily.
custina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 6:51 AM   #3

kangaroo wrote:
Quote:
I have found that waste ink can be redirected to an external bottle for Epson R210. I would like to know if this can be done on an R800. I can see the tubes (2) but they will not pull out easily and I dont want to force them.

Any clues.
I just took a look at my copy of the R800 service manual and you're right there are indeed 2 tubes instead of the usual 1.

These still seem to run back towards the lower housing.. Unlike the earlier R models this system seems to actually run the tubes far into the housing and doesn't just pull out easily.

At a guess your best bet is to get hold of a copy of the manual yourself (www.manuals4u.com) and take a lot of time working out how to take your printer apart and put it together yourself..

It seems do-able but without an actual printer to try this on I wouldn't be able to give any advice...
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 2:57 PM   #4

thanks websnail. Had a look for the manual but the link is dead. Guess I am stuck with an internal in waste system.

thanks custina. Already had a look at the site u suggested before posting here coz it didnt help me. Like I wrote.... how to I get the 2 tubes out.
kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote