Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 14, 2005, 8:40 AM   #1

I've translated a german guide into english and converted it to PDF. Hope it's of use for people who need to refill the cli-8 carts.

http://files.filefront.com/4200_refi.../fileinfo.html
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2005, 9:13 PM   #2

Thank you for the instruction on how to refill a CLI-8 cartridge. I have purchased a Canon IP6600D. I have tried to refill the CLI-8PM cartridge. It filled ok, but when I put it in the printer the led still blinks. It still prints, but says it is low on the PM ink. After printing a couple 8x10 pictures, it says it is out of ink. Can anyone tell me how I can correct this?

Thanks
Bigfoot15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 9:33 PM   #3

Bigfoot15 wrote:
Quote:
Thank you for the instruction on how to refill a CLI-8 cartridge. I have purchased a Canon IP6600D. I have tried to refill the CLI-8PM cartridge. It filled ok, but when I put it in the printer the led still blinks. It still prints, but says it is low on the PM ink. After printing a couple 8x10 pictures, it says it is out of ink. Can anyone tell me how I can correct this?

Thanks

You should get 4 warnings/notices about low ink and then it should eventually turn off the led altogether.

If you have not had 4 different warnings yet then you still have some to go.

==
Old May 11, 2006, 12:43 PM   #4

Hi,

I found your post through Google. I tried to disable the ink level system with the help of the document translated from German. Did you try it yourself ? Did you succeed ? I have the message which says the ink cartridge is empty but then I can only cancel the print. Even by pushing 5 sec the paper jam button, I don't have any other message. Could you help me ?

thanks a lot,

Fabrice (from Switzerland)
Fabrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 5:50 PM   #5

Fabrice wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I found your post through Google. I tried to disable the ink level system with the help of the document translated from German. Did you try it yourself ? Did you succeed ? I have the message which says the ink cartridge is empty but then I can only cancel the print. Even by pushing 5 sec the paper jam button, I don't have any other message. Could you help me ?
You may be trying to get the wrong cartridge accepted..

Check the information to see which cartridge is being reported as empty and ensure it's inserted correctly.

If the printer thinks you have an empty cartridge it won't allow you to continue to print but once it recognises you have refilled it will provide you with the 3 warnings (as above).
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 6:11 PM   #6

websnail wrote:
Quote:
Fabrice wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

You may be trying to get the wrong cartridge accepted..

Check the information to see which cartridge is being reported as empty and ensure it's inserted correctly.

If the printer thinks you have an empty cartridge it won't allow you to continue to print but once it recognises you have refilled it will provide you with the 3 warnings (as above).

Did you refill the carts ?
Old May 12, 2006, 12:08 PM   #7

Hi Websnail and Knight Crawler,

Thanks for your answer.

It works !
Fabrice is offline   Reply With Quote